Tuesday, March 16, 2010

03/16/10

Charleston had tons of decorative door knockers. LOVED these. I have a couple more in pics to come.

I know I have discussed many times about imagination in children. Watching Anne of Green Gables this past weekend and then just watching Wesley and Mikayla brings it to my mind again.

I love to see imaginations at work.

I love to see my children take something ordinary like a piece of plywood and a trash bag and make it into a house.

I love to see them use an old wagon from their early years and turn it into their "car."

I love to watch them play outside all day long in their pretending.

I love to see my office set up to be "Petsmart" and see Mikayla's "book keeping" and Wesley's keyless entry tag that he made out of paper and tied with string to his belt loop.

I love to walk into Wesley's room and see where they created a huge farm out of his Lincoln Logs and are so excited to be playing.

I love to listen to Mikayla playing in her room talking up a storm to her American Girl dolls.

I love that they still do all of that even though they are almost 10. I see so many kids their age thinking that it is "dumb."

I love that while they enjoy TV and the Wii, that is not their only sources of entertainment, nor do they feel they have to play them for hours on end.

I love how my children are using the brains the Lord gave them in a way that will keep them thinking for years to come.

I hope they never lose their sense of wonder and imagination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Me too. They are both so precious,and growing like weeds.Gosh! 10 years where did it go? Love You all!!