Sunday, September 20, 2009

09/20/09

Here is a bit of peace in imagery today...

John 10:11~I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Think on this today. Jesus is our good Shepherd and He GAVE His life for you and me. My pastor spoke on that today and it was a wonderful message. No one took Jesus' life from Him, He gave it. We all would willingly give something for someone, but are we willing to give our life? That is something to ponder. Truly, no one ever cares for us like Jesus.

The words to this song were read today in church. I love this song. As you know I love hymns and that is why I love the group Selah so much because they still sing them. There are a lot of valuable truths we can still glean from them. As you read the words, really think about what they are saying.

No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus

I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true.
I would tell you how He changed my life completely;
He did something no other friend could do.

    Chorus
    No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
    There's no other friend so kind as He.
    No one else could take the sin and darkness from me;
    O how much He cared for me.

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me;
All my heart was full of misery and woe,
Jesus placed His strong arms about me
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

    Chorus
    No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
    There's no other friend so kind as He.
    No one else could take the sin and darkness from me;
    O how much He cared for me.

Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance;
More and more I understand His word of love.
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
Till someday I see His blessed face above.

    Chorus
    No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
    There's no other friend so kind as He.
    No one else could take the sin and darkness from me;
    O how much He cared for me.

2 comments:

Shiroi Kuma said...

Every person who serves in the military is willing to give their lives for the rest of us US of A citizens.
I don't make light of Jesus's gift but remember all who serve in the service do willingly give of their lives.

Amy said...

Love the slow shutter speed you used to make the water look so smooth and silky. :)