Sunday, September 06, 2009

09/06/09

I'm doing a little catch up on pictures today. I finally uploaded the ones from the first of school onto the computer!! Here the kids are on the first day of school. :) We also had to get a group picture. It is hard to believe that at the end of this week we will have been in school for a month!!

Mikayla and Wesley finally got new bookbags this year. Their others were four years old. Mikayla's still looked pretty good... Wesley's, well, not so much. lol Hopefully these will last them three years till they get to Middle School.

CHOKE... three years till MIDDLE SCHOOL! We just won't go there right now.


And of course we had to get a group picture of us with the cats. This was taken around 6:25am... right before we left for school. Our mornings are early and our days are long.


This weekend Steve tackled painting the laundry room. Here is a before picture:



Here is the after:
This room has never been painted in the almost 13 years that we have lived here. It was time! We decided to go with a lemon souffle yellow and it looks so bright and cheerful now. It is also paint that will allow me to wash it easily, so that will be nice. We're still working on the doors. I couldn't believe how yellowed the doors had gotten.... I guess it is from the heat of the dryer. Glad they are getting a fresh coat, too.

I think tomorrow we'll work on the kitchen. Our house is looking like a disaster right now, but it is something you have to deal with while you are getting things painted. :) We were originally going to do the painting this summer, but things just didn't work out so well with that. My office began the inspiration. Maybe we are "holiday" painters as the office was painted during the Memorial Day week and this one during Labor Day weekend. lol

It has been beautiful around here the last few days. I even graded papers outside Friday night while watching the kids play with their friends. Yesterday we went on a picnic with my best friend and her girls. :)

I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend!

5 comments:

wendy said...

Great family picture :) I can't believe you've been in school for almost a month and I still have 3 more days til I start.

Amy said...

I love the first day of school shots, especially the family one! :)

Your laundry room looks fabulous, I think paint makes the biggest difference in a room.

I had dinner with a father/son from Raleigh last night. I asked if they knew you, but they said there are about half a million people in the area. LOL! His wife is a public school teacher. Anyway, I enjoyed their company (and his sister from Alabama), all of them had the 'cutest' accents.

Katrina said...

I love your family picture! The kids look so cute and full of excitement. Enjoy your day home tomorrow!

Amy said...

That is a great family picture!!

Love the color you painted the laundry room.

This weather has been BEAUTIFUL!! We are spending lots of time outside :-)

Gretchen said...

You all look GREAT for 6:30AM! I loved the family picture!

Your laundry room looks so organized and cheery! Almost (al-most) makes me want to do laundry. =)