Friday, September 04, 2009

09/04/09

Wouldn't want to get too close to this one!


Haven't done this in a while... I want to "shout out" to Eddie, Lynne, Mackenzie and Mitchell. So glad I got to see three out of four of you today!!

Today I felt like I ran in circles to get things accomplished and never really got them done. Lots was done, but that "To Do" list seems to grow and never get marked off. lol

I told someone today that the longer I teach second grade the less I begin to know of the "big" words of life. I get so excited when I know what a "fifty cent word" like "plethora" means and can use it correctly in a sentence. Wesley and Mikayla have begun Vocabulary books this year where they not only have to know the spelling of the words but the definitions and how to use them. I think this will benefit their mother more than them right now in the fact that I need to re-learn them, it seems!!

I am also finding I am really having trouble remembering children's names. Now, it really isn't the names of my students this year, although I have been calling one of my children the name of his brother I had 6 years ago! No, this would be children I have known in church all of their life and can't think of them. Or, it could be the child I might have just taught two years ago. We won't even go to the ones I taught over 10 years ago... The words "Honey", "Sugar", "Buddy", and "Sweetie" come in handy when your brain draws a complete blank. However, when it is your responsibility to write down the names of these sweet children and you have to at least act like you remember them, it becomes humbling when you have to say "Now, what IS your name?"

Yeah, that happened to me the other night at church.

I promise I am not whining about myself. Just stating a few facts. hee hee

Before I close and go grade papers and watch my children enjoy their friends who came home with us to play, here is another poem from my devotion I shared yesterday:

My Prayer

God, give me eyes that I might see
The work that can be done by me;

God, give me ears that I might hear
The cry of those who need me near.

God, give me lips that I might speak
Comfort and peace to all that seek.

God, give me a mind that I might know
How to help those who need me s.

God, give me hands that I might do
Some large or simple task for You;

God, give me a prayer that I might pray
Thy help and guidance every day.

And this one thing, all else above;
God, give me a heart that I might love.

-Vincent Magro-Attard





3 comments:

Lynne said...

Hey Kellie,
Eddie said he'd come in to see you next week so you could see all FOUR of the Moody's!! hehe! I enjoyed getting to visit with you this afternoon! I hope you have a GREAT weekend!!! :)

Amy said...

Ah, you have to use the "Now, how do you spell your name again?" trick, it works wonders! :)

Dream Big said...

Awesome love it.