Monday, September 07, 2009

09/07/09



I didn't think I had shown these mushroom before. On a day like we had today, I thought they were fitting. It was rainy here and we were thankful... we have needed the rain. It seems when it is damp that we have mushrooms pop up in the yard overnight. These were taken at a local nature park.

What a productive day to be a day off. :) This is going to be a "jump around" post, it seems.

Steve got most of the kitchen painted the nice creamy taupe color. I love it... it is a bit richer and creamier than our original taupe.

I went and bought new valances and chair cushions for the kitchen. It was time. Our other valances were probably seven years old and our seat protectors/cushions were almost 13 years old. I'll have to show a picture when it is all finished. :)

I uploaded pictures on to the NC Wildlife site for their photo contest. We'll see if they like any of them this year.... the last few years have been a NO.

I completely registered all of us for what we are entering into the fair this year. Here are our entries:

Steve -
zucchini and yellow summer squash

Kellie -
Spiced Plum Butter
Apple Conserve
Blueberry Jam
Cran-Strawberry Jam
Apple Preserves
Blueberry Muffins
Coconut Cashew Brittle
2 Scrapbook pages
Photography - the picture of the barn above in my banner

Wesley -
Honey Muffins
Chocolate Pound Cake

Mikayla -
Blueberry Bread
Divinity (girlfriend is trying something even her mother won't try!)
Brownies

It will be exciting to see if anything is won or not. Of course, as always, it is the thrill of participating and not necessarily the winning. If we ever win anything it is like the cherry on top. lol

We have to have our entries in right before the fair starts on October 15. It is still a ways away, but it will be here before we know it!

It was so nice to have an easy going day today after a hectic month. The kids had spent the night at Mom and Dad's last night so it enabled Steve and I to get some painting done more easily. (More him than me on that, but I did paint one of the doors to the laundry room. lol)

I slept in late today. I wonder why I always feel guilty when I do that? I would have felt more guilty if the kids had been home. I guess I just don't want to waste my hours sleeping, but it surely felt nice! :)

Steve planted our fall mums today. I am getting excited about the cooler weather, fires in the wood stove again, fall colors and the coziness of it all. Maybe our house will be finished in the painting department before all of that begins.

Hope all of you had a great Labor Day, too!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

We had beautiful weather today but I am jealous of your rain! We had a wonderful, long weekend. Friends over for a Saturday dinner, church and today was spent finishing my last summer project. The girls went to spend the day playing with our friend's twin babies and enjoying their horses. I would have felt guilty doing so much work at home if they weren't away having so much fun. Glad to hear you are refreshed.

Morgan said...

Great post today. Glad the painting is going well and fast it seems! Fall mums--I looooove that time of year when I place them on my front steps. I always go for the burgundy and gold ones. Good luck on your fair entries! I love that all four of you are doing it too!!!!

Amy said...

Send some of that rain our way. We need rain badly!!!! The weather has been BEAUTIFUL through!! It is feeling kinda like fall...so nice!

Wow, you guys are entering lots of the things in the fair this year. It is fun isn't it!! Can't wait to see how you do.

Dream Big said...

Wow such talent how do you enter?