Saturday, May 31, 2008

05/31/08

Me and Steve... fifteen years together. I took this picture last night before we went out to eat. I had to chuckle at how much we have changed in fifteen years. Last night we watched our honeymoon video and had a lot of chuckles. We went to the beach and I think Steve videotaped every shrimp boat that was out at sea that week. We could not believe how YOUNG we looked! (Steve had brown hair... and I didn't have to dye mine to look brown! ha!!!) It was funny to watch us think we were "all grown up" and we really had no clue as to what love and life was about. I am so thankful for how we have grown together. Watching that last night made me realize how far we have come. I can honestly say I loved Steve then, but I love him oh so much more now.

This afternoon we had some of our teens come over to our house for part of a progressive dinner. I found out how I am not "cut out" to be with teens. ha!! I am so used to little kids that it took me a while to know what to say to them! Is that crazy or what! lol Steve was GREAT with them all and I enjoyed watching him talk with them. We had the appetizer and so I made guacamole this morning and we had chips and salsa to go with it. They seemed to love it. I knew teenagers pretty much devoured everything in sight... and I was right. lol That is what I have to look forward to times two in a few years. We just won't talk about that right now, though, will we??

Earlier today, Mikayla and I went to my best friend's girls dance recital. I couldn't stay for the entire program because I had to get back home for the teens coming, but I got to see most of their dances. Mikayla wanted to stay so I figured that would be fun for her. She had a blast and loved being with her best friend. It was fun watching them. Let's just say I am not coordinated enough to dance. lol

I am posting rose pictures from my flowers Steve bought for me. I find roses can be difficult to capture because there are so many "layers" so I experimented with these. I was pleased with many of them this time because I tried different angles. I am continuing to challenge myself to think outside of the box with all flowers. In fact, there were a few moments I just sat there yesterday staring at the flowers trying to get a different perspective. I will close with all of these pictures. I hope you enjoy. :)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Happy Anniversary.
Can't believe its been 15 years. Remember throwing slop out in the field at your little house on 1010? Memories!

Morgan said...

Well you would never know that you had a hard time photographing those roses.....the detail on those individual petals is beautiful! And they look so soft.