Sunday, June 01, 2008

06/01/08

More pics today from the flowers Steve gave me. These are carnations if you haven't already figured that out. lolI don't have to get up at 5:00 am and go to school tomorrow... that is kind of nice! I don't like to have my weeks scheduled during the summer because I have that so much during the school year. I still like my days to have a bit of schedule to them so we aren't just doing anything, but I don't purposely say that we have something scheduled all of the time. Tomorrow we will begin the kids summer books and they have already started reading. We'll also start working on the verses they need to learn for the summer. I have decided that when the kids read for thirty minutes we'll all read together. I did that as much as possible last summer and really enjoyed it. It gave me a time to be with them and we all be "calm." lol


A goal for me this summer goes along with a verse that keeps popping up in front of me the last few weeks. It was in Wesley and Mikayla's devotion we did last night.

Psalm 46:10a - Be still and know that I am God:

With all of the busyness of school and the end of the year stuff, I have neglected getting into God's Word as deeply. Part of that was from craziness of time but also because I would finally sit down and I found myself falling asleep. I want to finally be still, without falling asleep from tiredness, and know God deeper. I want to search His Word and learn more and more about Him and His desires for my life.


A friend of mine posted on her blog the other day about having a "dry season"... I have felt that the last few weeks. Again, it isn't because God has left me but because I have gone away from HIM! I am looking forward to renewing my mind and regaining some "moisture" from the "drought" I have been in lately. I was reading in my morning devotion yesterday and the verse for the day gave me the feeling of soaking in water in a sponge. I was so excited to read what God's Word said and am always amazed at how it literally quenches my 'thirst' for Him. That analogy Jesus gave the woman at the well that I shared a couple of months ago is so true for us today. Only God can quench our thirst for true joy in Him.

Off to make sure the kids have something to eat before I read to them. I'll probably read two chapters tonight since we don't have school tomorrow. I truly cherish my time sitting on the couch between those two kiddos and reading to them. Those are precious times for me.

Have a great evening...

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Happy Summer Vacation to you!

Amy said...

Sounds like the start of a fabulous summer vacation! Those sure are pretty flowers, pink is my favorite color!