Sunday, May 04, 2008

05/04/08

We had homecoming at church today and it was great. The food was wonderful and the desserts were, well.... YUMMY!! We had a great time of talking and visiting with people we haven't talked to in a while.

When we got home I wasn't worth much. lol I did manage to take a few more photos of iris', though. Our neighbor has a ton and I went and captured some pretty shots. I didn't get as much accomplished this afternoon because of those iris pictures! I was working on them and saving them. I have so many pictures, it is pitiful. lol I'll share some tomorrow.

I want to share pics of Wesley's first game. The baseball pics are some of before the game, with Mikayla wanting to be near him (I love the pic of her by the fence) and then of during the game. His number is six.



























































My little guy found a shrew in some mulch that he and Steve were putting under the trees. I took the last pictures of today when he went and found it again for me. He wanted to keep it. :) We took it up to Mom and Dad's to show them. Mom freaked out! lol It was fun to watch Wesley enjoy another "critter." Mikayla thought it was cute but wasn't as "in" to this one as she was the caterpillars. Wesley truly loves all creatures. We had to put it back where we found it because Kevin said it would die if we kept it. Apparently, shrews do not do well as "tame" animals. They have to eat every two hours or so. I was amazed at how calm I was with it. Now, I didn't hold it myself, but I also didn't freak out looking at it. I've come a ways, but not gonna hold one yet. lol (sorry, Sal... no pictures of me with the shrew, either...)

Steve also found another creature in some mulch yesterday... a poisonous snake!! It was a Cottonmouth Mocasin. He said it was black, white on the bottom and had a diamond shaped head. He killed it, thankfully!!! We just never know what kind of interesting things we'll see around here!

This morning we awoke to ants "attacking" our pantry. We live on ant hill and now have the things year round. They are quite frustrating as we can't seem to get rid of them no matter what we try! Steve and I threw away some stuff, wiped up the floor to get the things, and sprayed some more ant killer. I think it is just temporary ant deterrant until more come along. I have seen them come out with a vengeance today. Steve sprayed around the house with the stuff he found last summer that actually got rid of them for a few months so I am wondering if they are heading inside "away" from the stuff. All I know is that I am tired of them. Critters are EVERYWHERE! haha!!

Mikayla has asked again to have her ears pierced. She asked a couple of weeks ago but I was trying to give her time to see if she really wanted it done. I wanted her to be old enough to take that responsibility of keeping them clean as well as not be scared of getting it done. She asked me again this afternoon and I do believe she is ready. I will probably take her sometime this week. I am actually quite excited about this. She is so much more a girly-girl than I was. I got my ears pierced when I was nine. I know she can handle it. :) I think she'll look too stinking cute with them. And, yes, I will take pictures. SHOCKING, I know...

Enjoy the rest of the pictures and have a great evening. I have lots of papers to grade as I have procrastinated this weekend. I can tell it is getting near the end of school because my drive to get papers graded has decreased! lol My "get up and go" has "gotten up and went...." ha!! Enjoy some critters... :)

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

What precious pictures of your sweet little man! How cute!

My heart goes out to you about the ants. We had issues a few years ago and it is such a pain!

Fight the good fight! You are bigger!

Amy said...

I love all of your baseball shots, looks like he was having so much fun! Ants drive me NUTS, we don't have any in the house, but get them on the driveway and they're these huge ones that bite. I have a sprayer come once a month to spray. Works wonders! I don't even know what a shrew is, is it related to a mouse other little critter like that? That snake would FREAK me out!!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Good for Wesley and hisfirst baseball game. Helmet looks like it is swallowing him up while running, but he looks like a ballplayer.

And I'm proud of his mom for letting him play. Would have loved to see you in the stands. ;-)