Thursday, May 08, 2008

05/08/08



Not much time today but thought I'd post really quickly. This is another flower from my "bouquet" the students brought me the other day. I haven't had time to work on the front side of the amaryllis so you see the neat side shot!! :)

Today and the other couple of days of this week have been crazy. I hate these kinds of days. Trying to get last minute stuff done at school, Mother's Day presents for the kids to take home, etc... just been crazy. Today I had my after school curriculum meeting which ended at 5:00 or so, came home and swallowed some food to go to Wesley's ball game, left early from that to get home to now wait for my brother to pick me up to see the play tonight. I was grading papers at the ball game to accomplish lots and my pen ran out of ink! Hhhhh.... that is a big sigh.

I wanted to write about one thing that was really sweet at the game tonight. Right before the game officially started, Mikayla hopped down from the bleachers and said Wesley "needed" her. He apparently had made eye contact with her and called her over to the dugout. I watched and was so touched by what I saw. Before she got to him, he blew her a kiss and then she got to the fence and they both reached out to each other to touch the others hand. It touched my heart greatly. To know my children are that close is so special. Yes, the definitely have their brother/sister moments but they truly watch out for and have a need to be together. That is a bond for which I am so thankful!

Off to find a red pen to see if I can finish those papers before Kevin gets here. Next week doesn't look any less calm, unfortunately...

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, your twins sure have the "twin gene" in them for their special moments.

Amy said...

Gorgeous flower, love how you shot the underside of it! What a sweet moment between Mikayla and Wesley!