Monday, May 26, 2008

05/26/08

I'm going to show various animal pics today. :) I took the honeybee today around some of our bushes. It was one of my favorites. I just loved watching them be busy going from flower to flower. I also loved seeing all of that pollen on them! They tru ly were amazing to watch. I took a zillion photos of them but only kept a few. Isn't that the way it always goes??

The second pic is from the Zoo when I went in April. I love this shot of the zebra.

The third shot is the meerkat from the Zoo as well. They are so cute to me!

Well, today was Memorial Day. It is a day that was set aside after the Civil War to remember those who fought for our country. I wonder how many people really thought about that today and gave thanks for all our freedom. So many times we now think of Memorial Day as the vacation time to start the summer and not for what it was meant. I am so thankful for the sacrifices that were made and are still made today so that I may live in a free country. America isn't perfect by any means, but it is still the greatest nation in which to live. I think of those people around the world who suffer so much because of where they live. Oh that we will truly be thankful....

Today I cleaned the house and did a few things that have been "hanging over me" for a few weeks. I actually cleaned off my desk which was a great achievement!! It still has a few things that need "tweeking" but it is much better than before. :) It was nice to clean the house and get that behind me. I would have done it Saturday but Mikayla and I did some shopping for my end of the year stuff. It was great girl time while Steve had "guy" time with Wesley. I enjoyed it very much.

I actually sat outside and read on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I know that is shocking. I also stayed awake long enough to read several chapters. That is just unheard of for me during the school year. lol It was awesome and beautiful to be outside.

The kids don't have school tomorrow because they took their half day pass they had earned from doing summer stuff last year. They are spending the night with Mom and Dad and enjoying the day with their Mimi. I would have brought them to school with me so they could go to my end of the year picnic for my class, but those poor kiddos have to get up early all of the time and be at school a lot longer than most kids so I figured they needed a day away. :)

Steve and I are going to eat some supper and then watch a movie, I think. I really enjoyed today. It was beautiful outside again!

Have a great evening..... :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kellie, that bumble bee shot is just AMAZING!!! Wow, Anika and I stared at it for quite a while after clicking to make it bigger!