Monday, May 19, 2008

05/19/08

Here are some more iris. :) Tired of them yet? These were also taken at the arboretum. The purple ones look alike, but I have different aperatures set. (part of the flower that is blurry) The yellow ones were a bit hard to photograph between the sun where it was in the sky as well as how they are made. These weren't my favorite pics but they are still pretty.

Monday... the first day of the last full week of school. :) I am ready. Good day overall. My kids had projects on countries due today so we were busy with that. On top of that we had a party at lunch so it wasn't a typical day but one I think the kids enjoyed.

I am having to keep reminding myself to take one day at a time and one minute at a time. I was getting a bit overwhelmed this morning with all that needs to be done between now and the end of school, but I am "checking them off" and doing it little by little.

This afternoon we were able to come straight home after school. It was such a blessing to be able to do that!! I actually had an errand to run but didn't feel the need... I felt we needed to just go home. The errand can wait. It was also nice to not have any homework or papers to grade tonight. Wesley and Mikayla finished up homework last week. I have given my students some this week but it is very light so it is almost like they don't have any. I know we are all ready for a break. :)

To tell you how tired we all are getting, here are some silly quotes from ME today. (Other teachers are having similar problems... lol) "Mikayla, go to my van and look for Daddy's truck." You should have seen the look she gave me on that one. It was supposed to be "Mikayla, go to my van and look for Daddy's cell phone." Then, this afternoon when my boys were coming out of the bathroom I was reminding them to tuck in their shirts as I always do.... well, it came out "Tuck in your shoes!" The little boy I said that to looked at me quite strangely, smiled and then tried to "tuck in his shoes." LOL Humor can be found in many places this time of year. Of course, if you are around me long you'll find I do that on many occasions... not just the end of the year.

When we got home this afternoon I bit the bullet and ordered our new computer! We have been talking about it for over a year now and have had to wait. We finally had what we needed and I called and ordered what I wanted. With the one I have now I ordered the thing online and had no clue as to what I was doing. This time I wanted to talk with a real live person and give them what I needed and go from there. It should arrive in a couple of weeks. I am pretty excited. I told the guy I needed LOTS of memory for all of my pictures. I think I got what I wanted. hee hee...

Have I mentioned how nice it was to come home and have a relaxed afternoon? The kids have loved it and have been playing and taking their time doing things without me on them getting them to hurry up. That is what I love about summer. :)

Off to do a few more things before I read to the kids and get them to bed. I know it is warmer today (not too warm, but beautiful) but I believe I truly may have some coffee tonight. Steve is out later again and not sure when he'll get home. Maybe he'll want some as well. :)

Have a great evening... I hope it is relaxing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty flowers! I like how you used the different apertures. I find yellow to be very difficult to photograph, unless the lighting is just right.

How exciting that you're almost done teaching for this year! Anika and I will be done next week, Allyson a week or two after that because her work is more intense. Your funny quotes had me giggling, I do that too when I get loopy!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Just catching up on your last week. I forgot that school is over for you in the next few days. Your pictures are great, as usual.

Glad you are getting a new computer. I am sure you will find a big difference when you are working on your photos.