Tuesday, May 27, 2008

05/27/08

Here are a few more pics from the Zoo. :) These baboons were quite entertaining. The little ones were chasing each other and I even caught them in mid-air.... loved that shot. The one sitting by himself was just "chillin'" I guess. :)

Today was our picnic for our grade. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful time. I enjoy getting the chance to chat with parents and watch the kids enjoy playing. They worked hard this year so they deserved a break. :) We had half a day and I almost didn't know what to do with myself! I find when school lets out that the first few weeks I feel "lost" like I should be doing something. I am just not used to all of the "free time" on my hands. lol My house will stay clean, though! Now, I will definitely enjoy being home so my house will stay cleaner.

Wesley and Mikayla also had a great day. Mom said they were "lazy" all day and she let them be. lol They watched a lot of TV and hung out on the couch most of the time, I believe, which they had earned so I didn't worry.

I am finding I am really beginning to enjoy the age they are right now. I am watching their sense of humor "blossom" and their silly ways. I am also continuing to learn how to raise a boy. lol Wesley is ALL BOY and I never fully understood that until I had Wesley. He loves critters and such... he is just like that poem people always talk about of "What Little Boys are Made of...." Mikayla is definitely a "girly-girl" and cracks me up with some of the things she does. I was not a tomboy but I wasn't a girly-girl either, so this is a bit new to me as well.

They cleaned out the barn area yesterday and Wesley came in telling me he wanted a cow. lol Now, that thought has crossed my mind and I even asked Daddy what he thought about it earlier this spring. Daddy thinks it would be a good thing for Wesley and that he would enjoy it. It would also teach him different responsibilities. We'll see how things pan out but I won't be making any promises to Wes yet. That cow would be SO rotten!! Mikayla wants a horse. I don't think she'll be getting one, though... they are a bit more expensive. lol She wants to do horseback riding but I am not sure whether that is a phase because someone in her class does it or if she truly wants to do it. I'm giving that a little more time to see.

I have decided I am going to read some tonight. I am really enjoying getting in some reading without falling asleep all of the time. I plan on doing lots of that this summer. :)

Enjoy your evening. I know I will!!! ;)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Every girl needs a horse ... at least that's what we've been hearing too!

Be strong, girl, don't cave!

I don't know enough about cows to have an opinion, but I am guessing that it would provide for some sweet times with your dad.

Amy said...

More cool animals shots! Anika and I especially enjoyed the midair one. :)