Friday, May 30, 2008

05/30/08

These pictures are from the flowers Steve put in the front of the church for me on Sunday. The first one is one of my favorites simply because of the way the green flower (have no idea the name of it) is "snuggled" up to the rose. It makes me think of me being 'sheltered and safe' near my man. The second shot is just another view of the same flower. I love my flowers and had a great time photographing them today. You'll see more shots of them later.

Tonight Steve and I went out to eat for our anniversary at the Angus Barn. We love that place. It was so nice to just be with him and enjoy HIM. I will also say again... I am SO BLESSED to have Steve as my husband. Sometimes I take for granted what we have, but talking today with some people who don't have the same kind of relationship with their spouse showed me, yet again, that he is something special.

Yesterday was the last day of school. I didn't talk about it because yesterday's post was in honor of my sweet guy. :) I can't believe the school year is over but I truly am ready for some rejuvenation this summer. It is always sad to see my kids leave me on that day, though.

I have to mention this about one of my students. After our awards assembly was over one of my Moms told me her son had something for me. She said it was definitely different but that it was from the heart. When they came back to my room, the little guy gave me a pillow he had sewed himself. It is not something you see in the 'latest and greatest' home decor magazines but that pillow brought tears to my eyes and meant more to me than he will ever know. To think he took a skill I taught him and made me something from it was precious. It was all his idea, too. He even tore up one of their pillows in the house just so he'd have enough stuffing. ha! I will always keep that pillow and treasure it simply because he made it from the heart. Maybe one day when he graduates I'll take it to him and show him. I am quite sentimental so it won't be leaving this house.

Last night was graduation and we all attended, as I put in my post yesterday. My best friend's daughter graduated last night. I still can't believe she is old enough to graduate. It was a great ceremony and I had a few tears with that as well. I've been shedding a lot of those lately, it seems!! I am just so proud of her and her accomplishments. We know God has great plans in store for her.

Last night I also got to see some of my former students who graduated two years ago. Talk about near and dear to your heart... these guys are definitely there. To know that they still love "Mrs. Fowler" after 13 years is pretty special, too. We talked for a while and then they actually came and sat with us at the restaurant where we were eating after the ceremony. I'm going to have those boys over for supper soon. I just realized I still call them boys, but they are over 20 now so I should call them men!! My students may leave my classroom but they never leave my heart.

I should close now... I am feeling quite loved these last few days so I am cherishing the moments. I hope you cherish your moments as well...

No comments: