Tuesday, May 06, 2008

05/06/08

Today I received a great surprise when I walked into my room at school. Two of my parents, who read this and know who they are, lovingly decorated my room with streamers and balloons... lots of balloons!! It was in honor of Teacher Appreciation. At first I was in shock. lol Then, as I walked to my desk and saw the loveliness that they did to my desk and the LOVE they showed, I was touched. They also had each student write a note to me that said "I love Mrs. Fowler because..." and then they added their reasons. I was deeply touched by what they wrote. As each child came in today they brought me a flower and put it in a vase that was already filled with water, care of my two sneaky and wonderful parents. :) The flowers were all different kinds and they were beautiful. I didn't have my camera, though!! I had to take them all home this afternoon just so I could get some shots of them. I have never photographed flowers in this way as I am usually doing them outside. Well, today I did them inside with a tripod and had the best time for an hour or so. This gerber daisy is one of them and I have others to share as well. (I'll share more irises later! lol) They were all day brighteners and I'll take them back with me tomorrow so I can continue to enjoy them. Not only that... I was able use them as a teaching took for plants! lol

It has been a crazy day as I have my best friend's daughters spending the night with us tonight so our schedule was a bit off. I had four sets of papers to grade tonight, but only one set has been completed. I'll do the others in the next day. All in all it was a special day and I am thankful for the love shown to me today.

Enjoy the gerber daisy flowers. Click on them to see them larger and see the detail. I am continually amazed at what I am seeing with this lens! It is a lesson in God's handiwork everytime I photograph these flowers. WOW...





3 comments:

Morgan said...

Once again...gorgeous flower pictures. It is a shame that we don't take the time to look at the beautiful detail that is most thing in nature. Thanks for giving us that view!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Those pictures look like from the lighting that they could have been outside. Very nice.

Glad the kids and moms did something nice for you.

Amy said...

Wow, these are just beautiful! I LOVE your focus and composition on them all! And what a sweet surprise for you from your students and the two kind parents!