Thursday, May 01, 2008

05/01/08

Sorry for lack of blogs in the past few days. I have just had lots going on!!

First of all, please allow me to give credit for our new family photo to my brother, Kevin. He was "quite upset" (not really) that I failed to recognize the aspiring and wonderful photographer that he is!! lol SO... KEVIN, here is your time to bow....

I cannot believe it is already MAY!! School will be out in a month! Time just goes too fast...

Thought I'd show some of the "critter pics" in this post. I get so tickled with the kids... especially Wesley... when they get up close and personal with the critters. Wesley had a toad this past weekend. He actually killed it. lol He played with it so much that the poor thing couldn't take it any longer. Earlier on the day of the party he kept wanting me to watch the toad "do tricks" of rolling back over on its stomach. Later, I asked him where it was because I was going to get a picture of him with it. He said "Mom, the thing died! He isn't even moving!!" and then he proceeded to get him and show me the poor thing. It was frozen stiff... at least it was well loved in its short life!

The first pictures are of the tree frog Wesley fell in love with the frog that belongs to one of my students. He cracked me up with this little guy. He wanted to take him home, but that wasn't an option. Maybe we'll get one sometime for him to have as a pet. I'm surprised this one lasted through all of his "love." :)

The next set are of Wesley and Mikayla with their caterpillars... all one zillion of them. We decided they had so many in their little cage that they needed to let them out. I am not fond of them but am glad my kids aren't scared of them. I was just never one for any kind of small animal like that as I grew up. They actually had some that spun cocoons but they "let them go" later as well. I was kind of bummed about that because I wanted to watch them come out!!

Monday was the museum day. It was a great field trip and we enjoyed our time as a family. It rained on us, but we didn't dare complain because we are still in need of the water. We were just thankful for how God was continuing to bless us.

Tuesday was Wesley's first baseball game! He got his little jersey and his number is "6." I'll share those pics later because they are still in the camera... hadn't had time to get them out! He played really well for his first game... they all did, especially since they haven't had as many practices because of the rain. He looked so stinking cute in his uniform and that little Braves hat. :) His next game is next Thursday and I won't be able to go to that one. I have a meeting after school and a play that night. I don't like not being there for my kiddos.

Today was National Day of Prayer. We had times set aside for the kids and adults to stop and pray for our country, school, families and anything else that was on their hearts. Isn't it wonderful, though, how we don't have to only have one day set aside to pray? I can go to the Lord at any time of day on any day and He always hears me. I am thankful He is alive and knows my every thought and need.

Well, I wanted to share some more things but my time is gone. I have to fix something for us to eat, read to the kids and get them in bed. Then, it is grade papers time for me. :) Steve is out playing golf till later this evening.

Have a great evening and I'll hopefully post again tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, those are some great shots of that little frog! You can tell Wesley was enjoying playing with it. I am such a big chicken and terrified of frogs, bugs, etc. I'd be freaking out if it got anywhere near me! Glad you had fun on the field trip!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Umm, highly dissapointed that there are no pictures of you with the frog. :-)