Thursday, May 15, 2008

08/15/08

The pictures today are of chrysanthemums from the bouquet of flowers my students gave me last week. I know a couple look the same but I couldn't choose between them, so here they are. I found this flower to be a challenge when using a lower aperature (make things more blurry) because there are so many small petals and I didn't want them to look like I didn't know how to take a photograph. lol Hope you enjoy. On the pictures from underneath there is a water droplet. Not sure if that is "weeping" from the flower itself or a droplet that splashed up when I took it out of the main vase and transferred it to where I was photographing. At any rate, I thought it looked neat.


A week has passed since my last post! Ack!! Let's just say it has been an incredibly busy week. I am glad it is almost over.

Last week I posted that my brother and I were going to another play that night. It wasn't that great and we left at intermission. I won't go into details on here, but lets just say it was not good and leave it at that...

Last Friday night I went out on a girl's night out with my best friend. We went out for our traditional Asian cuisine and it was awesome. Then we went to see a movie and, of course, to Starbucks. I got a hot coffee this time instead of iced coffee and it was great. I forgot to tell them decaf... we didn't stop talking till after 2:00!!! I have paid for that alllllllllll week, I think. lol

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was wonderful. We took Mom out to eat at the Angus Barn to treat her quite special. They have a buffet on Mother's Day and it is AWESOME. The food was beyond words. I enjoyed my day as well and enjoyed the moments I was able to share with Wesley and Mikayla. I'll be able to share some less hectic ones in two weeks, though, and I am ready.

Monday was crazy... along with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I think it is going to be a bit like this until school is out. I have two weeks. People keep asking me if I am counting the days. Not really. I just take one day at a time and one minute at a time and ask the Lord to get me through it all.

On Tuesday I took out a former student of mine who needed some encouragement. She is almost in middle school and going through a tough time with some things so I wanted her to be able to have an enjoyable night out as well as try to get her to talk about some things. It was a wonderful night. I only wish it was not a school night so we could have done more things but I think she enjoyed herself. Since then when I have seen her at school she has had a smile on her face for me and a hug, too. That makes my heart so glad that the Lord gave me the opportunity to minister to her. It continues to show me I am where the Lord wants me and doing what He wants me to do.

I'm trying to get last minute "words of wisdom" in to my students. I kind of got in "panic" mode the other day realizing they are almost leaving me. I realize that by this time if they haven't gotten it, there is nothing more I can say or do to help them "get it" in a week, but I especially have been hitting home to them this week that if they don't remember anything I have taught them they need to remember God's Word is the basis for everything they do in life. We talked about today how God's Word is a book of many. I asked the kids to name all of the "subjects" we can see in the Bible and we came up with: Science, History, Language, Math and Reading.

It was my goal this year to teach the kids this fact of God's Word holding all subjects and I feel they have grasped it. I thank the Lord for how He has taught me along those lines as well this year. I want the children to understand God's Word isn't just a book of stories. It is God's WORD that tells us how He wants us to live our lives. It doesn't promise that every day is going to be without problems or pain. It tells us that He will be there holding us up through it all. It shows us of His love that He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. It is such a powerful Book that many times we allow it to sit on a shelf, on a table or by the bed without cracking it because we think we "know" what is in it. Little do we realize it takes a lifetime to find all of those treasures God has in store for us there. Even when we read it sometimes we fail to see the treasures God is trying to show us. I just hope I have given what the Lord wanted me to give to my students.

Steve has worked late every night this week except for Wednesday. I need to go warm up some supper for the kids and get them ready for bed. I'll be grading a bunch of papers tonight, too, so I really need to get busy on other things. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow. Wesley has a game tomorrow night so we'll see. :)

Have a terrific evening....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Kellie! So happy to see a new post! Gorgeous shots, the color of that flower is very dreamy. My two favorites are the last ones, just beautiful!

I'm having a girl's night on Saturday evening, dinner and movie. What did you see? I have no idea what we'll be seeing, but I think we'll eat at PF Chang's.

I'm feeling a lot better, but have this nagging stomachache that won't go away. Poor Allyson woke up in the middle of the night with the creepy crud and Anika finally feeling better. This has been nasty!

Those drops you see in my flowers are "Anika-Rain". LOL! Rain isn't something we see much of ever!

And I just have to tell you that if my girls were in school, I'd hope they had a teacher like you!