Friday, May 02, 2008

05/02/08

FRIDAY! So glad to see another weekend has arrived and I have no major plans. ;) April was so busy each weekend and May is proving to be that way as well, but at least this weekend I can kind of do things at a slower pace. :)

Here are some iris pictures. I LOVE irises... they are one of my favorite flowers. I shot these at the arboretum the day I took Wesley and Mikayla for their eight year pictures. I have many, but these will be a beginning of iris shots... kind of like the tulip shots. ha! I am not sure exactly which kind these are. The arboretum had so many different types of iris'. These may be more closely related to bearded iris' instead of siberian or dutch iris. I love the closeup view of the stamens. They remind me of the way the clematis bloom was. Click on each one to check out the detail.

The kids are spending the night with Mom and Dad tonight which enables Steve and I to have a date night. We went out to P.F. Chang's at Crabtree and then went to Walmart... what a date! lol Then we picked up a couple of movies and are about to watch one of them.

I'll post more tomorrow. Gonna go enjoy the rest of my evening with my sweet guy. :) We'll see which movie he picked... probably the action packed one. ha! Have a great evening...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty! Have a nice, relaxing, enjoyable weekend!

Amy said...

I'm LOL at posting during your revision! I LOVE these flowers and the detail you captured! Enjoy your date night, I had an evening out with a couple of girlfriends. :)