Wednesday, January 30, 2008

01/30/08

In honor of my friends who are loving the previous cardinal picture... I have included two more today. I am especially thinking of Sal's friend Casey and his wife, Heather, as they are at the hospital a lot with their new baby. She was born a little early and is doing well but the doctors want to make sure everything is just right before they send little Gillie home. I know it is hard on them, though, so I am hoping these cardinals will also cheer up Casey when he reads this.

I took these the same day I took the other one. I liked these and was tickled to finally get them. Wildlife is not my specialty. It is definitely something I need to work on photographing.

I ate two more of those strawberries last night before I graded papers. I just ate another one right before I started typing. I don't think they'll last another day. I have saved up any sweets in my day for those so I don't overdo it. Those things are just TOO stinking good.

We are having Open House at school this week. Today I saw a former classmate of mine. It has been many years since I had seen her and it was neat to see her considering sending her children to our school. She said I hadn't changed a bit.. LOL... if only she knew how MUCH I have changed!! lol :)

That does make you feel good, though, when someone tells you that you haven't changed. I had someone tell me yesterday they thought I was younger than my age when I shared with her how old I am. She said I didn't "look" my age... which, it isn't like I am THAT old, but you know what I am talking about. lol That kind of gave a lift to my step. :)

Yesterday the kids got "Flat Stanley" that they have to send to people in different parts of the country if they can. We are sending Wesley's to Sal and Morgan and Mikayla's gets to go to my friend Amy in Nevada. I am excited for them to be seeing different landscapes and all. We have to send those out in the next day or so. I think it is a cute idea and I can't wait till we see where our "Flat Stanley's" get to go!!! Sal, Morgan and Amy were gracious enough to be a part of the fun. Thanks again, ya'll!!!

Last night I was trying to work with Wesley on counting money. It didn't last long because my nerves were not handling it well and my patience had already run out for the day. I told Steve when he got home that was going to have to be his department. I know what Wesley is thinking, though... I used to be the SAME way. I know it will click with him. It is just frustrating until it does. Now I totally understand why my Daddy got SO aggravated with me when I did the same thing. lol

Church is tonight so we'll be getting ready for that here shortly. I finished all of my papers at school (yeehaw) so I am paper free tonight. The kids are outside playing so I think I'll go crash for a few minutes while it is a bit quiet in here. Steve will be home later than his normal time but not too late.

Enjoy your evening. Give someone a compliment today and give them a "pep in their step."

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

That's a tiny cardinal, or you have a really big feeder.

Those strawberries look good. Have you shared?

We look forward to our Flat Stanley visit.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are amazing....I really need to see if I can attract some here. I know Heather would love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the cardinal shot. The only birds we have out here in our yard are big, black, loud crows. We do get the hummingbirds during the summer. I like them. The crows--not so much. Nasty little scavengers.

mmmmmmmmmm......chocolate covered strawberries. YOU are making me hungry this morning.

Amy said...

Wow, those are great shots of the cardinal! We'll be watching for Flat Stanley's arrival! Depending on how long he visits, we may take him to Disneyland. :)