Thursday, January 17, 2008

01/17/08

I decided I wanted something different for my background. I changed the colors so many times and I couldn't figure out what I wanted. So many of the colors looked "odd" to me and I then thought of black. Now, I usually don't like it this dark but it kind of went nicely with my pictures so I thought I'd keep it... for now. Don't be surprised if it is back green again soon. You know I have to "chew" on things a while before I make a decision and my blog is not any different!! lol

Well, no snow for us today. At least, there was no snow by the time we got up and about. If I had wanted to get up at 3AM I would have seen some... maybe played in it and tried to take a photograph using a non-existent infrared lens. Yeah, that would have worked. lol We had a two hour delay today because they went ahead yesterday and called it since things may have been a bit tricky with driving this morning. Well, it wasn't and we delayed for rain, but they wouldn't have known that. I am thankful they cared about our safety and we still got in a day of school. For my online friend, Amy, who just dealt with a blizzard out in Nevada... I know that last statement cracked her up. BUT... we in the south don't get snow very often and use every precaution and go buy all of the bread, milk and toilet paper known to man if we think there will be some accumulation. LOL

It was VERY cold today, though. I went outside to take a few pictures when I got home because I had hoped I would have been photographing some white stuff today. That is OK, though, because we surely need the rain and I thank the Lord for it. While I was outside I took these pictures of "stuff" with rain droplets on them. I LOVE rain droplets on plants and such. The one of the cabbage was just so pretty to me. That rain drop turned into many rain droplets puddled on that leaf. I thought it was neat so I captured it. The maple tree is one I observe from our bedroom and I see it go through each season. I have photographed this tree in bare winter with rain droplets before a couple of years ago but it was calling my name again today. I know it isn't a "blow you away" photo, but I love how the droplets hang off of the branches. The pansies just love this kind of weather and their little heads were happy as could be it seemed. My favorite color is purple so I am all about that. lol My hands were FREEZING by the time I had been out there a few minutes so I didn't stay out long. I truly would have stayed out longer if not for that.

We heard on the weather tonight that there is a possibility of us having some snow on Saturday! I am trying not to get our hopes up but that surely would be nice!! The kids want some, too. You KNOW one of the reasons I am wanting it. lol Time will tell and we will see... God is in control.

I still have four kids out from school. Two of those children I haven't seen since last Thursday... they have been some sick "puppies." I'll be glad when they all get well again and are able to come back to school. It has been a weird and tiring week.

I didn't have time to post yesterday because of helping my friend who had her surgery and having church last night. So many people are sick and it has been crazy everywhere. Tonight it was so nice just to come home and STAY home. Y'all know I am all about staying home so this was a great night to do it. Cold and rainy days make that fire even more cozy. I am loving it tonight. Maybe later I'll crank up the percolater and have some coffee. lol I have papers to grade first, though.

My comforter should be here tomorrow... I think. I am excited about getting it! Steve liked it so that is good. lol He would have HAD to have liked it eventually...

It seems my papers aren't getting graded by typing on this post. I am really not in the mood to grade them tonight. lol

Enjoy whatever weather God has sent your way today. I am thankful for the rain... and praying for some snow!!!

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like the background.

Saw on the web that you had no snow, but two hours of extra sleep!

Sal Cartusciello said...

OK, now I see both you and Casey switched to a black background on the same day!

Maybe I should change. I feel left out. :-)

Unknown said...

Come one Sal get with the program :)

Kellie, As usual great pics. Here I am just shooting books inside the house.......

Casey

Amy said...

Wow, how cool is that huge water drop on the first photo, it looks like a big magnifying glass!

Sheesh, the kids here go to school with five feet of fresh snow! I was laughing reading that. :)