Friday, January 18, 2008

01/18/08

Yeah, I changed my color again... still not sure, though. I cannot believe I can't make up my mind on this. Geesh...

Well, this little guy has been sitting in our den since I cleaned up decorations from Christmas. I am hoping he won't be the only snowman I see as we are supposed to get 2-4" of snow tomorrow. Now, my friend in Nevada (Amy) will laugh at that again, but, as I told her... those of us in the south get excited at ANY accumulation. LOL

This little snowman was given to me by a kindergartner at school. I taught his brother years ago, and this year this little boy had a hard time getting adjusted to Kindergarten. He has never been a child that just ran right up to me and gave me hugs like some siblings do when I have their sister/brother. I just kept on trying to encourage him, though, when he got to school and tried to help him feel better. I usually say "Hey sugar" to the kids when I see them. Now, it doesn't come out like "sugar" but more like "shuga" with my southern accent right in there with it. lol Well, apparently, he went home and told his parents I now call him "Shuga Bean" (where he got "bean" I have no idea.. lol) Anyway, for Christmas he was adamant about getting me a Christmas present because he said I am who he is going to have in Second grade. lol It was a precious gift and I felt honored that he would think of me that way so this little snowman is special.

I am BEYOND excited over the possibility of the snow tomorrow. I am anxious to get out there and take some photos. I have already told Steve that he will be taking me around to places so I can get some shots of things other than our house. lol He has a 4-wheel drive truck so we can manage. We haven't had a chance for this much snow in over 4 years.

The kids are spending the night with Mom and Dad tonight so Steve and I went out on a date. We went out to eat and then went to shop. I bought some more pants for school and a few tops. I had been saving some money for doing just that. I am so excited about what I can fit into now... a size I didn't think I would ever see again. It has now been a year since I began the journey of losing weight. I never thought I'd be where I am today, though. It was a rough go at first but now it is part of my every day life. :)

I actually had all but one of my students today. I am so glad they are back, but they still looked a bit worn out. It was good they have a long weekend to rest up for next week. I must say, this week was a wild and crazy week that I don't want to go back to. Between helping my friend (which I'd do that again in a heartbeat), the students being sick out of school and having to keep up with who was there and who wasn't, then being so off schedule because of that, I was quite weary this afternoon when I got home. In fact, I plopped down on the couch and had a little nap. I knew I would have fallen asleep in my meal with Steve if I didn't. lol I am ready to get back on my schedule at school and be "normal" again. lol

My friend Sal out in San Diego is missing his wife... she had to go on a business trip to Memphis, TN and won't be back until Sunday. I told him I know exactly how he feels. Steve may have to work all night tomorrow night because of the snow. He is on night shift duty, which is actually better because he used to be day shift if we had snow and never got to play in it with the kids. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Sal also mentioned how he is such a home-body. He definitely has a friend who is one as well... me. lol I am so excited to be snowed in and not have to go anywhere..... except to take pictures! Nothing thrills me more than to hang out at home. I love what God has blessed us with.

I have begun chatting with Sal's friend, Casey. He loves photography as well and I have been enjoying his photographs on his blog, too. HI, CASEY!!! :)

I got another shoot this evening. I still have to officially schedule it, but it is of a 3 month old and her Mom and Dad. I can't wait!

Our comforter came in today! I haven't had time to open the box.. and will probably work on that tomorrow.. but I am anxious to see how it looks. I have become such a "big spender" lately. lol Nah...

I have devotions for the teachers next week during our teacher meeting in the morning. I am doing the devotion around a verse in the New Testament and it will involve photographs. lol Shocking... I know. I will share it once I get my thoughts totally in order. I am also going to work on a photograph of something I would like to give the teachers. We'll see if it works, though.

Well, this is not spending time with my sweet husband by posting this blog. lol I am looking forward to showing some snow pictures tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like this green better than the other one. If you want my opinion. ;)

Tell Steve "hi", and be careful driving around tomorrow.

Better get that comforter out. I see they say 10 degrees for you Sunday night.

Unknown said...

I like the black better :)

I am trying to decide if I want to go out tomorrow if it snows. There is a little pond close to where I live with a small waterfall. If some of it is frozen, it might make for some interesting images. Besides, I have driven my Jeep in far worse things then snow :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

Because I am a "dolt", I forgot to say how proud we are of you for the weght you have lost. I am sure you are estatic like Morgan when you can purchase those different sizes.