Tuesday, January 29, 2008

01/29/08

Look at these wonderful treats I received in the mail today!!! My best friend sent these to me as a thank you for helping her out while she has been "out of commission" with having hand surgery. I didn't expect anything in return.. I did everything because I wanted to do it. These were a wonderful surprise, though. I had to photograph them because I know they won't last long!! In fact, the last picture is the one that is already gone.... I may sacrifice and eat another one tonight after the kids go to bed. hee heee It meant a lot to me to get them and I called and thanked her for them. They are so yummy!

I made coffee again last night. It was better, it seemed. I'll have to keep working on it, though.

It was an interesting day at school and I learned a few things:

1. White chocolate morsels do not melt very easily. Apparently, "white chocolate bark" works better.

2. You have to remember cups if you are going to give your students hot chocolate....

3. When pouring water from a dipper out of a hot crock pot, please do not spill any on your hand because it burns and that really hurts.

4. Marshmallows do not stick together with "melted" white chocolate morsels.

5. Dark chocolate hot chocolate is AWESOME...

Can you tell the theme I had for the day at school? We were supposed to make snowmen out of marshmallows and white chocolate. Well, I think you can see from above how that went. lol All that counts is that they had fun doing it. (I think! lol)

This afternoon Wesley cracked me up. I told the kids they could go outside for 30 minutes when we got home before they started homework. The thirty minutes seems to always go by fast. When it was time for them to come in I heard a loud sound and went to investigate. There was Wesley with his golf club.... his ball had hit the deck. Thankfully, not a window!! I told him it was time to come in. He gives me this suprised look and said "Already!??" "Why is it that thirty minutes of playing outside goes by faster than 30 minutes of reading????" I just laughed... such is life. lol That is so my boy!

Steve is having to work late again tonight. I cooked supper again. I know, I know... you all had to sit down again, right? I cooked a concoction with chicken, some rice and some pinto beans/ navy beans mixture. (Sal and Morgan... you should remember that bean mixture...lol) It was actually pretty tasty. It seemed to take me forever to get the meal prepared but it was done!

I now have to go finish homework with the kiddos, do flashcards, read and get them into bed so I can eat another strawberry and grade papers.

I surely do miss Steve....

Go eat something sweet tonight and tell someone you love how much they mean to you...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I had a pop tart and told Heather and Gillian I love them very much, so I think that counts :)
Sorry Steve is working late, and trust me right now, I can totally relate to missing loved ones.

Sal Cartusciello said...

No sweets for me today, unless you count strawberries and blueberries in my yogurt. I always tell them I love them.

Sounds like you learned some good lessons today. Some of them the "hard way".

We have had the bean mixture a few more times.

Hope Steve doesn't have to cut any wood after he gets home. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I make that bean mixture for Sal all the time (I'm still off the carbs for now). It's is respectfully known as "Kellie's Beans". He automatically knows what I mean when I call them that.

WOW...those strawberries are gorgeous. Can't wait til those berries get into season. And team them up with that dark chocolate hot chocolate---yummmmmmo! Again--gorgeous pictures, girl.

Amy said...

Those are some pretty strawberries! Wesley's comment was so cute!