Thursday, January 24, 2008

01/24/08

Well, what I was going to post today I can't post. I forgot my hard copy of my devotion at school and my Microsoft Word is not responding... and driving me crazy. I think this computer may be on its way out. It is around 7 years old, I am thinking, and just not performing the greatest.

I was going to post my devotion I did at school this morning. It went really well and I think the Lord used it with my fellow teachers in a great way. When I get my hard copy I will type it in tomorrow and share it with you. I am pretty bummed I couldn't do it tonight. It is almost like Satan doesn't want me to post it, but I am not going to let that happen.

Here is a picture of my sweet guy with no braces. He just loves the fact that he doesn't have them anymore. He got his retainers today. Let's just say they don't look a thing like mine did some 20 years ago! My, how things have changed....

You know, I have been reading up on this Heath Ledger death. It has saddened me to see someone so young to die like he did. While reading about it today I saw where they found lots of sleeping medication and anxiety type medications in his apartment. It sounded like he was a man very troubled with no peace. Believe me.... as I mentioned yesterday all of us who have Christ are going to have hard times. That is just life, but the difference between me and Heath Ledger, from what I have heard and read about him, is that I have Jesus Christ in my heart and at the center of my life. He alone can give true joy. He alone can bring you through hard times. When Mom was sick and I was faced with so many weird emotions... and many of you know about them... I began to have anxiety attacks. I didn't realize what they were at the time. I truly thought I was "dying." Then, when my doctor told me that September day 2005 that I was having ANXIETY I thought "NO! Couldn't be... must be something medically wrong with me..." He was right and I was wrong. I knew then and there I didn't want to take a medication because I knew mine was caused by the worry and stress over Mom. I prayed that night that I would release all of that to the Lord. Do you know I have not had another anxiety attack since that time?? Doesn't mean I don't get stressed... just means I have to continually give it to the Lord.

I didn't mean to ramble on and on about that time in my life, but I have just been "chewing" on that man's death. I didn't know him personally... didn't know about most of his movies, but it saddened me to see what happened to him.

Well, I must close for now. My brother and I are off to see Cats tonight. We have seen it MANY times already but I know it will be great again! I had to take a nap this afternoon to make it through it all. lol This one usually last to right at 11:00.

Cherish your days. Don't look in to your worries but look UP to the Lord. He alone gives peace! I'll share my devotion tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

What a nice picture of Steve. I'm sure he was more than happy to smile for you.

That "peace" seems to come up lots lately. At both churches out here it has been spoken about. I am hoping that I am coming into mine.

Look forward to your words tomorrow.

Amy said...

I'm looking forward to reading the devotion. Steve's smile is awesome, he looks so happy! I hope you had a nice time at Cats.

That's really neat that your anxiety attacks are gone. I know I had some major stress about a month or so ago and I had to give it up to the Lord, what a difference it made. The cause of the stress is still there, but it is not affecting me nearly the same way. It's amazing what can happen when we trust in Him.