Saturday, January 12, 2008

01/11/08

These pictures today are of our African violet in our kitchen. I love the first picture the most because of the leaf coming at me. I also love the "hairs" on the edges. The others are good, too, with the purple showing and the lines on the bottom of the leaf. I had to adjust how I photographed this because my purple was not coming out as deep a purple as it was in real life. Too much light made them look "odd" so I had to "tweek" it a bit in manual mode. It is amazing what the simple pleasure of taking a photograph can do for me.

I went out with my best friend tonight. She's having minor surgery on Monday and I wanted her to have a last "hoorah" before she had to be very careful with herself for a few weeks. It is on her wrist so she won't be able to pick up anything heavy for a while. We had the best time as always. We went out to eat and then saw the movie "Bucket List" and it was good. We then went to Starbucks and then came back and sat in our driveway for almost 2 hours talking. It feels so good to be able to talk about anything and everything with someone. We laughed and we cried. We talked silly and serious. It was a great evening... and I didn't get in till late. My eyes are telling me it is time to get to bed, though. :)

Today's cross-stitching with the class went well overall. I was really pleased with the progress. I really hope the kids get a great learning experience out of this. I want them to learn to appreciate things that are so easily taken for granted.

Tomorrow we have to clean and I am going to go around the house doing some picture taking. I have decided to try and work on my "out of the box" self. lol Don't know if I'll accomplish as much as I'd like, but I can try. I also have a photo shoot tomorrow afternoon. I am looking forward to that. I am praying I do well with it.

It has "been a day" for various reasons so I'll close for this post. Look at the details of something in your life and thank the Lord for how He takes care of you even though you are such a small part of this vast universe He has created.

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I need to learn how to do pictures like your first one (pre photoshop or Picasa).

Hope all goes well with your friend.

More Starbucks?

Amy said...

I agree in liking the 'hairs' in the first photo. Was Bucket List really good or just so-so? Wayne and I were thinking of seeing it tomorrow evening.