Saturday, January 26, 2008

01/26/08

My first picture today I took at school the other day! My students were laughing at me because I actually took this from my window by my desk!! I was at the perfect height to capture this scene. It was a bit foggy all day long and it created a neat look. (I tried it early in the day when I was picking my students up from a special. Let's just say that was comical because I couldn't get up the hill really well with the shoes I was wearing. This was much better... lol )I have seen it before at school but didn't have my camera. Since I had taken in all of my stuff for devotion that morning I figured that was a great time!

We awoke this morning to Wesley having a fever. He came into our room around 3:00 this morning saying his ear hurt. I thought it may have been because of him sleeping on the floor with his little buddy and it being cold. I told him to get in his bed and see if it felt better because he didn't feel hot to me. When we got up, though, Steve took his temperature first thing and it was over 100. He got him into the doctors office and come to find out, the little guy has strep throat. He was acting FINE all last night so it hit him pretty quickly. He is on medicine now but his fever is still over 102. He will be fine in a couple of days, I know, but I hate to see him feel badly. I just hope his little buddy doesn't get it, too! He wanted me to sit with him for a while this morning. I had so much cleaning to do, but I knew this was more important. Our lives are so busy that these are the kinds of moments that slow you down and make you remember what is more important. Believe me... the dust will always come back. lol

I did manage to work most of the day on cleaning the house. I worked in our room trying to get some of the "stuff" that gets collected put away into the right areas or just plain old thrown away. I dusted... that was a major thing. Steve and I could have written long love letters to each other in there!!! As y'all well know, I don't live in a perfect house, but I get aggravated with all of the "stuff" that gets left out everywhere. I learned long ago to stop stressing over it but some days I would like to turn our house on the side and shake it like you do a dustbuster or something. lol

Mikayla had to help me clean today since Wesley was feeling badly. She had to get a review lesson on the proper way to vacuum... You have to actually PICK UP things and vacuum underneath them. lol She's learning and I know she'll get it. They both will. She reminds me of myself when I was little... I was such a pack rat, and in essence, I still am with some things. Under my bed, though, was much worse than hers. I just don't want to see hers get like mine was as a kid. I know my Mom had some serious moments with me. lol That is why I want Mikayla to learn early that it isn't worth it. I don't have to worry about teaching that part to Wesley... he has it!!

Mikayla was my "assistant" today and helped me create these pouring water pictures. I took quite a few and these were my favorite two. I thought of this during lunch yesterday at school. I was pouring water into my cup and watching the beauty of the water flowing out of the bottle and into the cup. I decided that would be something I would work on photographing. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out.

As I was photographing the water, and even now as I type, I think of how important water is to us... especially where we are in such a bad drought around here. It also made me think of this passage in the Bible where Jesus is speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well. He asked her for water and then told her this:
John 14:13,14 - Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Jesus is our Living Water and with Him we will never thirst for the truth. I understand that a bit better, too, after the last couple of weeks I had. When I went to Psalms to read, as I stated in the earlier post, it was like pouring water on a dry land. He "quenched" my thirst of being worried and a bit scared. Nothing in this world could have given me that.

I appreciate all of the comments about my devotion yesterday. Believe me, I know that I am not at the SLR camera yet most days myself. I still have so much to learn about Who God is and what He wants me to be. The most important thing is that I am learning and growing. I am by far perfect and can do some really stupid things sometimes. I am just thankful for the Lord's convicting spirit to help me to change and His love for me that causes me to grow. I continually am learning that hard times make me more dependent on the Lord. If everything were "easy" we would soon forget the need for our Lord. We would act as if everything was in our control, when it is He that holds us and molds us. I am most thankful for that. He doesn't give us more than we can bear... even though sometimes it feels that way.

Tonight we are going to school for the Senior play. It is a dinner theater and the Seniors have to help wait on tables before the performance begins. It will be a neat evening and I am looking forward to it. Our best friend's daughter is performing in it. I taught her 10 years ago. I can't believe she is so close to graduating and going off to college. We love her very much and it will be weird not having her around school.

Have a wonderful day... Next time you pour some water, I hope you think of Christ as the Living Water that can help you to never thirst again.


2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope Wesley is feeling better today! I love your water photos, the splash of red works really well.

Allyson and Anika had a song called "The Living Waters" in their Christmas play last year (MK Kids), it was about what you wrote about. :)

Sal Cartusciello said...

I bet Wesley felt bad about not vacumning. In know he loves that, or is he over that stage? Hope he feels better.

Morgan and I thought about him yesterday in the mall, when we stepped into this "pop culture" store and they had a John Deere shelf, including JD Monopoly.