Monday, January 28, 2008

01/28/08

Todays pictures aren't my most favorite but I figured I'd better post them. lol The cardinal was one I saw from the den window a few weeks back and liked how it was perched in the bare tree. I couldn't get very close because I would have scared it away if I had opened our back door, but this isn't too bad using my telephoto lens. It would have REALLY been pretty if there were snow on the branches.

The second picture is from our "snow" we had last week. I was just walking around the house shooting whatever I saw with snow on it. lol It is not my favorite... but I like camellia blooms. The ice coming off of the leaf is kind of neat.

Today was busy. Wesley didn't get to go to school today because he still had a fever last night. He is doing much better today, thankfully. That strep really knocked him out this time, it seemed. Steve stayed home with him for the first part of the day. I left work around 1:30 to come home so he could go to work. I won't see him till tomorrow morning because he had to work late and probably won't get in till around midnight. I really miss him when he isn't around!

I am finding I make my coffee too strong. lol When I was at the play the other night I got a cup of coffee and drank it black. I am trying to learn to like it black... for whatever reason that might be. Well, that was a great cup of coffee! I am still trying to figure out my percolater and realized that I must be filling my basket too full of coffee. I made some last night and backed off a little on how much coffee I added. Steve said it was still a bit strong... I thought it was better, but I know I have to work at it again. I guess I'll try it again tonight with just myself. We'll see... The never ending saga of Kellie and her coffee... Go ahead and laugh... I know you want to. Last night I also dipped some dark chocolate into the coffee. I hadn't had a lot of chocolate lately so I figured it was OK. :) I also cherished small bites of the chocolate in between sips of coffee. Now, THAT was good.

Well, I need to go get some supper on the table for me and the kiddos. We're having a gourmet meal of leftover vegetables, rice and newly baked chicken nuggets. Don't all of you come beating down my door for that meal, OK? Then, I'll be grading papers with gusto before heading off to dreamland.

Have a wonderful evening and make some coffee....

4 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

When you make a strong cup of coffee we always say, "it puts hair on your chest". Some days it is perfect, and you will be certain you did the same thing, and the next day it is strong or weak.

Like the cardinal picture. His red really stands out.

Hope Wesley keeps getting better.

Unknown said...

When Heather's Nanna was alive she used to collect cardinals. When she past, her Pop gave some of her collection to each of the family members. Every time we see a Cardinal Heather says it is her Nanna watching over her. I got Gillie and cashmere Cardinal from Red Box gifts for a shower gift. I know it meant a lot to Heather and will be a wonderful memory when she tells Gillie when she is a little older. I wish I had more trees around to take bird pictures. My little feeder does a good job, but it is not the same.
Casey

Amy said...

I'm happy to hear the Wesley is doing better today. Your cardinal photo is so pretty, we don't have those birds here. The rose is really neat, it reminds me of those Disney movies with the rose with the frozen ice on it. :)

Anonymous said...

Your Cardinal picture is perfect! The surroundings are grey--almost black and white with just that punch of red. Gorgeous!