Saturday, January 12, 2008

01/12/08


Today I was not worth much of anything, it seemed. I got up later than I intended, but when you "party" till after midnight and you had been up since 5 am you realize you aren't as able to get up when you wanted. lol We did manage to clean the house. The kids were so sweet and were up before I was. Wesley came in to give me an update that they had been cleaning the house. Apparently, he had been helping Mikayla clean her room because he said that was "a job!"

I fiddled around with photographing objects today. That is where these first photos come from today. I was actually inspired to do money from my online friend, Amy. She also loves photography and showed a picture on her blog yesterday of stacks of quarters ready to be rolled. It was an awesome photo. Now, I didn't want to re-create what she did so I just started with a few coins and worked myself into my own "creation." I played around with different focus points on the coins as well as my lighting.

I also took a few more photographs of Mikayla and Wesley today getting myself "ready" for the shoot I had this afternoon. I couldn't believe how much Mikayla is changing. I made all of these black and white. These are a couple of my favorite pictures from today.

My shoot went really well. We had a good time and I had a blast with the challenge of finding areas for guys. It made me think quick on my feet on what would look better. I found that under the bridge at this particular area was my most favorite spot. Here is one of my favorite pictures from that shoot today. All three of these guys love to fish and they were looking out over the pond at the fish going to the top of the water. These guys are my brother-in-law and nephews.

Steve worked all day long. I haven't seen him at all today and talked to him a couple of times. We all have missed him being with us.

On to work on reading my book. The kids were quite tired tonight and it didn't take them long to fall asleep. I don't think I'll have that problem, either. Have a great evening.

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Great pictures again. I think I say that every post. Very jealous. :-)

Amy said...

Very nice coin shots, I like how you have the pennies mixed in with all of the silver coins. Love the shot of the boys looking out over the pond, very nice!