Wednesday, January 23, 2008

01/23/08

Sal, you are right... I think this is the "Name That Color Blog Game..." Sad, I know...

Here is a picture I took down at the barns with our "snow." Not my most favorite, but it is a picture for the day. I just couldn't get it the way I wanted it. Snow is quite hard to photograph because it is so reflective. lol

I mentioned this briefly in my blog the other day but I have had some "valleys" in the last couple of weeks. Nothing that needs to be brought up here but they have been quite burdensome at times. The Lord has brought me through them but I continued to realize how much I have to release these times and give them fully to the Lord on faith. Stepping out on faith is easy to talk about but not as easy to put into action. I am continually growing in that area and I know it. Of course, we all are when we are growing in our walk with the Lord.

After having some not so great news yesterday that may not have been detrimental, but still makes your day go sour, I knew I needed to turn to God's Word to find what the Lord wanted me to hear. I thought I'd share those on my blog today because you never know when someone else is going through a "silent valley" and you never knew it. They were like pouring water on a thirsty ground last night as I read them. They quenched my fears and caused me to sleep quite well and feel very rested when I got up this morning. Only the Lord can do that. Here are some of the verses I read:

Psalm 121:1-8
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hilss, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and they coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Psalm 31: 14, 15a
But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand:

Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

You know, that first Psalm I typed in was one I had learned years and years ago. Somehow in the busyness of life we can so easily forget what we have hidden in our hearts from God's Word. When I heard it at school the other day it was like the Lord was saying to me "YOU NEED THIS!" It stuck with me and I knew I needed to turn there last night. God took care of some of the worries I had last night. Today things were made a bit better and, even though there are still some valleys at the moment, I know I can take each day with the Lord because He will never leave me nor forsake me!

On a fun note... Steve got his braces off today! He is so excited and very tickled with himself. I'll have to take a picture of him and post it. He had them on over 2 years. He did an awesome job with them and they look wonderful. :) Just makes my sweet, handsome man even more so in my eyes.

Not much else to say tonight, I guess. We have church a bit later. I already finished grading tests so that is a relief.

Enjoy your day and may the words I typed from God's Word be a comfort and balm for your soul....

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Hooray for Steve. I'm sure he is really happy with them off.

Talk with you later.

Amy said...

I love the Psalms you put in the post, it was so nice to take a few quiet moments and read them. I'm glad you're finding comfort in the word.

Congrats to Steve, can't wait to see his "new" teeth.

Oh yeah, I like your snow shot. I really wish that's how much snow we had right about now. We have so stinking much, I'll share!

Anonymous said...

Wow---can't wait to see Steve's new and improved smile!!

Kellie, your faith is is amazing and inspirational.....

And btw--I like the black background better for your blog, because it makes your beautiful photos really pop.