Monday, January 21, 2008

01/21/08

Yes, I have changed my color again. Is this the one I started with or is it darker? I am really having issues with this. I am beginning to think I am having a psychedelic blog!

Well, here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday. I almost missed this tree. It is near the barns on the side I usually don't go around. I saw it when I was out taking photographs of Steve doing the wood. These icicles were awesome! I loved how they were shimmering in the sunlight. If you click on the first one you can see a drop of water coming off of one of the icicles. I was SO excited to capture that. You can also see the "spray" of water coming from the smaller ones. I have a couple of others of the whole tree that I'll share later.

I had a work day today and it was quite productive. We started the day off with a meeting and shared some scriptures that help us during times of trouble. It seems a lot of our school family is going through hardships and our Administrator wanted to have a time where we could go to God's Word to find the source of our strength. We then broke up into groups of two to pray. I had the privilege of praying with one of my friends who teaches another grade and I don't get to talk with her often. It is amazing what a time of prayer like that can do for the soul. It is also a comfort to share your burdens with someone knowing they will pray. That did me a world of good today. With the way my last week was between the students being sick and a couple of other reasons, I needed that time. God was so good to give me what I needed before I realized I needed it. I got pretty much all of my list crossed off that I had left on my desk Friday afternoon. There is still lots to be done, as always, but that was a big chunk. Now I can face those little faces in the morning with a little less on my plate.

Steve came to get me because he had to take my van ("the Golden Chariot"... G. C. for short) in for some brake work. She is almost 8 years old and these are the first brakes so we can't complain at all. He picked me up and we went to eat some lunch. Wesley and Mikayla had been with my Mom since he had to go wait for the van. Once we ate lunch we came back home. I had planned on scrapbooking some today. Steve didn't think I'd last because he said my eyes had that "look" of wanting to take a nap. lol I was determined to get some of those pages done and I did. lol I still have many more, but I am taking them little by little and getting the job done.

Steve worked on cutting wood a while this afternoon. Now, my friend Sal seems to think Steve has it terribly rough by working all week and having to cut wood, too. lol Let's just say that the man loves to cut wood when it is cold and he doesn't have it TOO bad. The photo from yesterday showed him using a maul to chop the wood. He does use one sometimes when he can't get the tree out of the area because it is so big, but when he gets the pieces home, he uses his HUGE wood splitter seen in the wood cutting photo of the day. lol Now, I am not saying that he is not working hard when he uses this because he still has to move the big pieces and then stack the little pieces, but it does make his job easier and go faster. lol

I just got off the phone with my next "client"... the one with the three month old. I am really excited about it! I will be doing that shoot the first weekend in February.

Well, it is getting near my bedtime. lol I may make Steve and I some coffee tonight. I am greatly enjoying the cold so we can thoroughly enjoy our wood stove. It has definitely been so cold that it doesn't heat up the house as much as it did the other week. It keeps it a great temperature. It makes me thankful...

Enjoy some coffee or hot chocolate tonight as you enjoy your evening!

3 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I like this color also. Think the game will now be "Guess the Blog Color". :-)

Glad all went well at school, but sorry to hear that there are many hardships going on.

OK, technical. How are you posting your pictures on the site? You can e-mail me when you get the chance. Thanks.

Amy said...

Kellie, how VERY COOL that you caught that droplet of water! We don't get a small enough amount of snow for these kinds of things, we just get swamped and hit with tons of snow!

I'm happy to hear your meeting went well. And can't wait to see what you do with the baby, I'm sure that all of the photos will be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the icicles! That drop of water is magic. Amazing how just that small little droplet can be soooo beautiful.

Hope everything is ok at school. Have you ever noticed how "stuff" seems to always happen at the same time? I find that happens with my co-workers all the time. When it rains it pours, right?