Monday, December 31, 2007

12/31/07

Well, Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

I can't believe another year has gone... truly. It seems the older I get the faster life goes before me. It is just like what the Bible says... life is like a vapor. Here one minute and gone the next. May we treasure every day and know how we can use our days to glorify the Lord.

2007 was a good year overall.... The Lord blessed us and kept us. We never went without food, shelter or clothing. Mom continues to get stronger and has stayed relatively healthy compared to two years ago. I survived having my first surgery of the gallbladder removal. lol I also was tickled with myself for losing 28 pounds this year. I don't ever want to go back to what I was. I am so thankful for my friends, old and new, and cherish the times we have together. I am thankful for email, and this blog!, so I can communicate with those I love and miss because I don't get to see them often. I pray my blogs will continue to be numerous. My Father-in-Law gave me "strict" instructions this past weekend to keep them coming. lol I am also thankful that this past year I was able to learn so much more about photography and now have been able to do some "shoots on the side." It is always good to learn something new!

I am thankful this past year for the Lord showing me things through His Word. I know I do not know everything He wants to show me and I am thankful He is patient and understanding when I don't seem to "get" what He is trying to teach me. I have thought a lot about that in the last few months. God is so good!

We are spending New Years Eve with our wonderful friends with which we always celebrate the New Year. We are cooking steaks on the grill, having boiled red potatoes, salad and some grilled onions. It should be a fun night. I took the photo for today earlier. I have our party favors ready and our Sparkling Red Grape Juice for us to toast in 2008. I am sure the kids will do their best to stay up till midnight!

May you sit back tonight and reflect on what the Lord has given you this year. Happy New Year and may God bless all of you in 2008!! I'll be "back next year...." Hee heee

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Happy New Year!!! Say hello to everyone. Speak with you soon.