Thursday, December 13, 2007

12/13/07

Sing with me... "You're a mean one... Mr. Grinch..." :) Here is Steve's ornament I bought him this year. I am carrying on the "Grinch" theme with him. I found that they actually have another one at Hallmark this year as well, but I haven't gotten that one. I'll have to check and see if they still have it in the next couple of days. When I bought this one from there, I didn't see two.

We have been under the weather the last couple of days. Mikayla began throwing up yesterday morning around 12:30. She only got sick once but felt badly throughout the early morning. Wesley began throwing up at 3:15... we didn't get much sleep. He actually was sicker than Mikayla but not as badly as others I have heard about. I had to get up at normal time to get to school. We had our Second grade play yesterday and I needed to be there for that. I didn't feel really good myself, but made it through the play. The students go bowling after the play and I only lasted through part of that before needing to go home. When I got home Steve was able to get to work.

I am at home today as well. The kids are feeing much better. I am getting there. I actually just slept on the couch last night so Steve wouldn't catch anything we may have had. I also found out yesterday that 11 kids out of Wesley and Mikayla's class had it. They apparently all started getting sick about the same time of the morning. That is something, huh?

Since the kids are feeling better, I believe we are going to work on cleaning this house. It needs it after us being gone so much and then the sickness. Steve has been so sweet through it all trying to help out where he could. I feel like I need to open all of the windows and doors and "fumigate" the house. I know ours was not as bad of a sickness as others I have heard about, but it still makes me want to make sure this place gets rid of all of it!

Steve is working late again tonight. I feel like I haven't seen him all week.

I got to talk with my friend, Sal, in San Diego yesterday evening. He was sitting by the outdoor pool watching his daughter at swim practice. I just laughed because that is so foreign to us here in December. Of course, with the weather we have had this past week, it wouldn't be too far fetched! It was great to talk with him and hear about how things are going for them. I still miss them... and told him. I know they are going to read this so... I said it again, didn't I, Sal?? :) (Thank y'all, again, for our wonderful treat delivered UPS!!!!)

Well, I guess sitting on this computer isn't getting my house cleaned/fumigated. Onward we go...

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

We miss you too. Luckily we have this almost daily interaction. :-)

Feel better.

Morgan said...

Sorry to hear you guys are sick. Hope you all are feeling better!