Monday, December 10, 2007

12/10/07

I needed something cheerful and fun in my picture today. This is the Santa music "box" I had when I was a little girl. I used to LOVE winding it up and listening to it as it would wind down. When Mom gave me this years ago it was quite precious to me. It doesn't work anymore, but everytime I look at it I think of how Christmas used to be when I was a little girl.

Today was a bit rough. It was one of those days where everything went "wrong" from the time I left home. Could my day have been a lot worse??? Oh yes... but at this time of year it was just one more thing to deal with. I will be glad when this week is finished. I truly am not trying to rush anything because my days are precious, but my nerves aren't going to be able to take much more. lol I know the Lord is handling it for me so I really do need to "let go and let God.."

Speaking of that, in our devotions at school today the person that gave it showed us a video that was awesome. I couldn't tell you who the man was but I do know he is a pastor in Michigan. He gave the analogy of walking with his one year old son around a lake one day. When they reached the halfway point there came a big thunderstorm. He had his son in a back pack type carrier and put his hat on his head. The pastor didn't realize his son had taken it off. The storm became really bad and the baby began to screech and cry out. The pastor spoke that our lives are like that... "rain" comes pouring down on us whether it be sickness, bad news, etc.. and we wonder where God is in all of it.

He went on to say that just as he had taken his son out of the back pack carrier and held him close in his arms whispering the whole way "I love you, son... We're gonna make it"... that is what God does to us during those times. Those are the times we are closest to God because He is bringing us through the trial. He never leaves us to fend for ourselves. I had seen that video a couple of weeks ago and it still brought tears to my eyes today when we saw it. God loves me THAT much. He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He doesn't expect me to have my "act" together all of the time. He wants me to depend on Him and grow closer to Him by giving all of my "stuff" to Him.

I had to remember that as my day went on. In fact, I am still telling myself all of that. Again, not that I am going through a major trial in my life but the busyness of life right now is about to drive me bananas. I just keep remembering God is in control and He's leading me. I need to learn something and keep moving forward.

Well, didn't mean to depress you on that one but I hope it lifted you up a bit and helped you see how God is holding you right now, too.

Steve is working late again tonight. He worked pretty much all day Saturday, for 18 hours yesterday, working late tonight and has to work late Thursday night. I surely miss him. I hate it when he is not around. He and I really need to go on a "date" again soon. That busyness of life I was just talking about can get between you if you let it. I won't...

Saturday night we went to see A Christmas Carol. It is performed by a local theatre but people from all over come to see it. It is that awesome. We had a great time together. I think it was the best one we've seen so far and we see it every year for the past 7 or so years.

I also shopped a bit more on Saturday. I am still not finished with all of my shopping but a large chunk is done. I finally finished all of my Christmas cards so that is a big "check in the box."

Last night, I worked on the ornaments I give my students every year. I hope they cherish them... you never know sometimes. I have made ornaments for 11 years now. I often wonder if my former kids still put them on their trees. lol

I need to go do flashcards, read to the kids, put them to bed and grade papers. I know that last one shocked you.

Have an enjoyable Christmas evening. Remember, if you are going through the rain... God is there....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact I am looking at the ornament you made for Cassie that is hanging just right of center on our tree this year. It has been on every year. And yes, it IS treasured every year it's pulled out of the box and placed on it's special bough.