Friday, December 28, 2007

12/28/07

No...it hasn't been icing or snowing here. I don't know what to do with myself not being able to post Christmas pictures anymore. lol I just pulled up some pictures from last winter and "voila"... here ya go.

Have you missed me????? I have been posting so much lately that four days between posts is quite a lot. hee hee I have been one busy chick.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were tons of fun for us. The kids got a train from my aunt and uncle on Christmas Eve and then Santa brought them a "North Pole" Lionel train on Christmas morning!! The Lionel train is a Christmas train so they would only play with it during the Christmas season and it is for under the tree. That train is also a keepsake train that will be handed down to their kids one day. The train they got from my aunt and uncle are more for them to play with all of the time. Santa was a bit bummed that his "thunder" was stolen, but it has worked out alright.

The kids got lots of clothes and fun stuff. Wesley got new John Deere tractors and trucks that he collects. Mikayla got her American Girl doll named "Nicki" and she is adorable. They both got lots of clothes.

Steve got him some clothes and lights for the sidewalk in the front and back of the house. He has been a bit under the weather since the day after Christmas with a bug of some sort so he hasn't felt like getting out there to put them up. (Sal... does that take you back to two years ago!?? What is it with us, bugs and after Christmas?? lol) He also got the "Bourne" trilogy of movies. We are wanting to start watching them, but, again, he hasn't felt up to it.

I was blessed with some new clothes, a Live Cam for my computer (Anyone have one of those so I could use it with you????... I could have a conversation on the computer and see ya at the same time!) and Steve bought me a battery grip for my camera. I was quite tickled about that. I haven't had a chance to put it on my camera, though. Steve and I received a percolater (sp?) for our coffee from Mom and Dad. I was tickled and it makes REALLY tasty coffee. It is a twelve cupper, so we can actually do more than a couple of cups if we have guests. lol

We had our friends over on Christmas Day night and enjoyed spending time with them.

On Wednesday Steve and I got into the kids closets and purged! It has been needing it for some time now but that is something I can't do unless I am in the right frame of mind. lol We got rid of SO MANY clothes. It felt quite exhilarating. We took the clothes to a lady whose husband had recently lost his job. She has a boy who is five and a girl who is two... the two year old will have to grow into a lot, but I know how I appreciated hand-me-downs so I hope she does, too. The kids now have room in their closets for clothes that actually fit them.

After we dropped those off, I went to pick up Mikayla from my friends house (she had spent the night with their girls) and found my friend in the middle of cleaning out her kitchen. I began to help her and that got me thinking about my own kitchen... and the sad shape some areas of it had become because of the craziness of life. Well, when I left her house about 2 1/2 hours later, I decided to start working on mine. This was the day Steve was beginning to feel poorly so he had no clue what I was doing. ha! I began throwing out things, cleaning out cabinets that hadn't been touched in years and purging that area, too!! BOY, did that feel GOOD! My brother had given us a new set of dishes... cool ones, I might add... and I had to make space for them. (I'll have to take a picture of them and post it!) Anyway, I finally got rid of (and you are going to laugh at some of these...)

1. Plates we have had since we were married that looked like plates you get when you are first married

2. The bottle nipples from allllll of the bottles I used to fix for my babies when they were babies. Yes, I have kept them for seven years. Yes, I am so sentimental...

3. Sippy cups... all sippy cups my children have ever drank out of...

4. Plastic tupperware cups that would make your drink taste funny everytime you used them.

5. Old wall hangings that I haven't used in YEARS and kept for some reason.

6. Placemats that have only been used maybe once or twice. (I just don't use placemats much.)

Oh, the list could go on and on... I was making a serious mess and went through I don't know how many trash bags but it was good. We made a pile of stuff for the Vietnam Vets to come and get. They actually came to get that today. It was nice that we could box the stuff up and set it on the front porch for them to come by and get. :)

Yesterday we took down our Christmas decorations. I was SO bummed about taking them down this year. The tree was still in good condition considering it had been up for over a month. Even though it is nice to get the house back "in order" and not have that hanging over me, I am missing my lights and the sights and sounds of Christmas. It goes by too fast.

Today we finished cleaning in the morning and then headed out to run errands and take back a few things that didn't fit. Steve and I also decided to "bite the bullet" and buy a new stereo system. Ours we have now is fourteen years old. We thought we were SO COOL when we got the "Philco" brand stereo we have now... we were so up-to-date with the double cassette player AND CD player! Woohoo!! Well, it still works, but one speaker doesn't fully work right and the CD's seem to skip. lol We definitely can't complain about how well it has held up for us. And, yes, sentimental me will miss that stereo. It was one of our first Christmas purchases right after we got married. :) We got a Sony today. Steve had actually looked at one for us for Christmas but knew there were other things he wanted to get me. This new one actually plays three CD's instead of just one. lol I know that is old hat to most of you whose stereos can probably play 100 at a time, but we are happy with three. lol I'll have to figure out this new system. I don't do well with change, you know....

Well, when I get a few moments I'll download some of our Christmas pictures so you can see our fun. I can't believe 2008 is right around the corner. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Oh my!!! Sippy cups??? I did not know you were such the... um... pack rat. :-)

Also, I am making a mental note to never visit you on Christmas. For our health, it will just have to stay phone calls.