Friday, December 07, 2007

12/07/07

Thank the Lord it is Friday. Boy, has it been a wild week. I am thankful to have a couple of days to do some other things but I know they will be crazy as well... just a different crazy.

Today we saw one of the most beautiful sunsets. We were on the way to our friend's house and I told Steve we had to pull over so I could capture it. The clouds were in the sky and had just enough space between them to allow the sunlight to shimmer through them as it set. WOW was all we could say. These pictures capture it pretty well. (I just hate the power lines...) They actually made the sunset I photographed the other night look "pale" in comparison so I just deleted those!! lol I took several shots of it as we sat by the side of the road. lol Steve said it perfectly when he said "Nothing like that could happen by chance... it was created by the Creator!" I thank the Lord for being able to see that today. It went down quickly again... just like the other night. I had to capture it while I could.

We went out with our friend's down to Meadow, NC where they have the "Meadow Lights." It is actually just this little place out in the country where people have set up lights and you go on a train to see all of them. It is basically an old farm field. lol They add something new to it every year and it is quite popular. We normally do that when we get together with them for Christmas but we decided to do it earlier this year so we wouldn't feel so rushed. It was a great time and a wonderful idea to do it early this year. We got to ride the train and then went into their "country store" to buy "old fashioned" candy. It is a tradition that has become precious to us. The kids love it and so do we.

All this weekend Steve has to work. I am not looking forward to being without him. I realize this is "overtime" but it means nothing when I can't be with him. He is a hard worker, though, and does his best to provide for us. I will not complain. He is so good to me and the kiddos. I know I say this often, but I am so blessed to have him.

Tomorrow Mikayla is going with her friend to the "Highschool Musical" on ice. We have never seen that movie. I just don't get into it. Not that I think there is anything wrong with it... we just don't get into watching all of that stuff. I am sure she'll enjoy it, but she'll probably be a bit clueless. lol Since it will just be me and Wesley, we will be going shopping for Christmas presents. I know he is thrilled. lol I am actually looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with the little guy. I will miss Mikayla, though. It is so hard when I only have one of them because I have been so used to having both with me all of the time. I would love to get DONE with Christmas shopping tomorrow. I am not sure if that will happen or not!!

Well, it is late and my body is telling me to get to bed. I hope you can enjoy a special Christmas tradition at your home this weekend. :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Those are great sunset pictures. Didn't see lines until you mentioned it. Tell Steve, Hi.

Amy said...

Wow, what a gorgeous sunset!!! I also didn't notice the power lines until I read that they were there.