Friday, December 14, 2007

12/14/07

These are not the greatest of pictures today but they "get the point" across. lol The first is one of Mikayla's Barbie princess ornaments. The other is one of Wesley's new ornaments he found this year. We actually found this one at Lowe's, too. There is a button to press on the back and it blinks lights on the tractor. I love the barn and silo with the tractor inside. He fell in love with it.

Back to work today. I had a lot to do since I was gone yesterday. I felt a bit overwhelmed at the beginning of the day, but the Lord helped me get everything done. I even have my desk back to some neatness considering it has looked like a "disaster" area for so long with everything going on at school. lol

The kids did OK today. Wesley complained that his stomach hurt a bit and he didn't eat a lot of lunch. Since he was sicker than Mikayla I am not surprised. I know when you get back into eating "real" food that your body still has to adjust. I talked with a couple of parents who also had sick kids and found out Wesley and Mikayla had a light case of this stomach bug compared to others. That made me even more thankful. I hope and pray that germ is out of their classroom. When I got home today I had the urge to go around with a can of Lysol again. Not sure if I still won't do that tonight. lol After we cleaned up the house yesterday I did that... I sprayed it on everything I could see and find. I may start a daily ritual of that!!! I know germs are a part of life and we have to live with them, but those kind of germs I would rather they stay away!

Tomorrow is my annual Christmas baking day with my brother. We prepared some of the batter last night. I know it will be fun but it will be a long day and I think the oven will be on all day. I told my brother last night that people truly need to understand that is a labor of love when I cook for them.... Y'all know that isn't my specialty. lol

Steve didn't get home until 2:20 this morning. He only got around 3 hours of sleep! He seems to be alright, though. I am just glad he is HOME tonight. It feels good to have the whole family here. I have no idea what we are doing but I don't care as long as we're together.

I think I am going to go spray some more Lysol...

Have a wonderful evening and enjoy all that Christmas brings to your family.

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Knew you would be back at school today. Glad you're feeling better. Have fun baking.