Tuesday, December 04, 2007

12/04/07

Oh my... another crazy day. I know it is normal for this time of year but sometimes I would like a "normal" Christmas season... whatever THAT may be! ha!!

Here is what I used to put on my mantle. This is from my grandmother as well... I found out that yesterday's manger "scene" and this one were my maternal grandmother's. I need to remember that for the kiddos!! Anyway, the one for today used to be in the center of the mantle. It is definitely beautiful and one that makes me nervous because I don't want it to break. The kids are older now so I don't worry about that as much, but I know how clumsy I can be at times!!

It was COLD today. Not frigid but cold... and it was great. We have the fire going and Steve is working on supper for us while I work on homework with the kiddos. We are having meatloaf with tomato gravy like his Mom fixes. I appreciate that man so much. I know I am "lucky" as many people like to say, but I just choose to say "blessed" and thankful for how much he helps me. I would be lost without him!!

We got the results back on Wesley's testing. They came back inconclusive, which is how I figured they would. It was a great relief to me. I must say, going through this has put another new perspective for me as a teacher. It will help me know how to help my children and parents more. I know the Lord had me have Wesley for a reason... (This is the same son who is in the bath right now blowing bubbles in the water. I am laughing as I type this....) He brings so much joy and laughter to our lives. What a "hoot" he is. Getting back to the testing, though, I know in time it will all "click" with him as we have seen it do at home. I am not going to stress over this but will do everything in my power, with the Lord's help, to help him be all he can be. Thank you all for your prayers. They have meant so much.

Still need to work on my Christmas cards... Last night I literally passed out on the couch, woke up in a "stupor" and went right back to bed. ha!!! I didn't even have any coffee!!! Maybe tonight...

I got to see one of our friends today that I don't get to see often enough. (Hey, Kathryn!!!!!) I miss them terribly and long for those days of hanging out at their house all day and taking photos of fruit. he hee Life is so busy that we don't always get to be with those we would like to see.

I saw a BEAUTIFUL sunset today. I took a picture of it and may post it later, but it didn't really do it justice. I missed part of it because I was right in the middle of something and couldn't get my camera in time. It is amazing how quickly the sun goes down. Makes you think of how quickly a day passes.

Well, I need to get busy with other things. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas evening. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

The photos of your Christmas decorations are beautiful, the lighting is very nice.

I finished my Christmas cards last night and mailed them out this morning, whew!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Knew all would be good with Wesley. Has to be good with the two of you as his parents. :-)

Christmas cards?!?! We still need to take a picture and get them started. Ugh!