Monday, December 24, 2007

12/24/07

The last couple of days have been super busy going different places. We had Steve's Mom's Christmas on Saturday and enjoyed a good time there. We then went out for my Daddy's birthday at the Angus Barn. Boy, was that wonderful. The first picture is of the tree and the "live elf" they had sitting near the top of it on a "shelf." It was WONDERFUL as always. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there as well as the meal. We actually spent three hours eating but it didn't seem like it!! lol It was late when we got home that night and the kids were so tired.

Yesterday morning we went to church. I have been taking photographs for the directory at church and I took some more yesterday since it was the service right before Christmas. I thought I'd show the shot I liked the most... it is of our pastor standing before everyone in the congregation. I love my church and for what it stands. There are people in our church, therefore it isn't perfect, but it is a solid church based on God's Word. I am so thankful for it.

Last night we went over to some of our best friend's house and had a great meal and time to open presents. We had a wonderful time of relaxing and talking. Usually we would go to Meadow, but since we did that earlier in the month, we had a more relaxing time. Yesterday was a bit rainy (thank the Lord for that!) and muggy. It was around high 60's/low 70's.

Today, Christmas Eve, has been so nice. We didn't have anywhere to go this morning and so the kids and I slept in. I actually slept in a lot later than I should have, but I figured we all needed it. I chose to make this a "lazy" day and we have done pretty much that! The kids have played with some of their toys they got at Steve's Mom's house and I have caught up on some pictures and such for church. I also read to the kids out of our "Little House on the Prairie" series since I haven't been able to read much lately. We then had a reading time together so they could get their school reading minutes in. I enjoyed that as much as they did, I think. It was nice to be able to all sit together and read. We were in our pajamas for most of the day (at least Mikayla and I were!) and just relaxed. Steve worked all day. He just got home and it is after 4:30. We'll be going to my Aunt's house soon for Christmas Eve supper.

Enjoy the other pictures I posted. These are some I wanted to post before Christmas and hadn't gotten around to it yet. It is a hodge podge but part of our wonderful Christmas memories. The stained glass church for my village was one that we got when we were first married. It is one of the first parts of the village I put up every year.

My manger scene is in our dining room. I have been constantly reminded on how I need to keep Christ the focus this season. We love Santa and all the fun that goes with it, but Christ is the true reason for the season. I was reading in my devotions this morning that Christ was probably born around September. It would make sense. I have known for a while that this time of year was probably not when He was actually born, but a wonderful time to celebrate it all. I am so thankful for the gift of God's Son. I can only imagine how Mary felt that day when she gave birth to her Savior as well as mine. Just think: If Christ had been born in a palace, where Herod thought He would be born, no lowly shepherds could have come and worshiped Him. Jesus was laid in a manger for a reason... He came for ALL, not just royalty, but for all walks of life. He is the great Redeemer. Thank and praise the Lord for His birth!

Well, I need to get off of here. Time to do our fun stuff like make Reindeer Food and get ready to go to my aunt's house. The kids are excited about all that Christmas morning will bring.

May you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS. I will try to post how our fun goes tomorrow. Enjoy this time with your family and friends. Much Love!!!

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Merry Christmas!!!
We miss ya and love ya!

Glynis said...

Hi, Kellie. The pictures are beautiful. I love your mom's new "do"...haven't seen her in a while I guess.

Merry Christmas to your family!

Glynis