Thursday, December 06, 2007

12/06/07

Since I did Cinderella yesterday I decided to do Wesley's new John Deere Hallmark ornament. I get him one every year. He was quite tickled over this one because it had the "new wheels" on it. I believe he put all of his tractors around the same place on the tree. :)

Today I took home one of my friends kids from school. The younger one used to be in Wesley and Mikayla's class and I taught the other one last year. They are great kids and have had a blast. However, I realized all too quickly that my mellow moments would not happen today. They have been quite intense in the playing. My nerves were a bit shot to begin with, but now they are really out there. I was hoping to get the kids in bed early tonight because by Thursday they are usually quite tired, especially after church the night before. Not sure if that is going to happen, though. I really and truly do not mind having the kids. It is just that after teaching so many alllll daayyyy looonngggg that I want to crawl in my shell and have a moment.

Steve is working late, we haven't had supper yet because I wasn't sure about eating with the friends being here, and the kids have yet to have their baths and wash their hair. lol This too shall pass.... Right now they are making up some concoction in the play "kitchen" area. I believe Mikayla took some of my powdered bubble bath and that is what they are using for "cinnamon." It seems to have a flavor I recall smelling.

I need a Calgon moment.

Ever have a day where you just want to scream and scream until you think you may feel better... eventually? Well, that is the point I am at now. I am sure you have seen it coming in my small remarks on my posts. My days are just crazy, crazy right now....

Did I mention Steve is working late tonight? lol

Did I mention how much I am really wanting to chill out about now?

Have I whined enough in this post????

Enough whining. I plan on having a QUIET evening once the kids go to bed. QUIET sounds so nice. :)

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

So, was Steve working late tonight? :-)

4 kids in the house, on your own. What were you thinking?

Amy said...

Anika had a friend over today, a rambunctious one...I feel your pain.