Saturday, December 22, 2007

12/22/07

Today is my Daddy's birthday. We are going to celebrate him tonight when we go out to eat at the Angus Barn. This is our tradition for him so that his birthday is special. Having a birthday near Christmas can "stink" because of the festivities already going on. It will be a FUN time... and I can't wait to eat some steak!

Steve and I wrapped all of our presents on Thursday night. It took around 4 hours! I wanted to get them all done so I could fully clean the house yesterday without having that hanging over me. It was a relief but I must say my "bones" were feeling it. lol I just can't sit on the floor in one position anymore. I used to laugh at people who would get up from sitting on the floor and have "issues".... I should not have done that. lol Now, it is coming back to get me. ha!! I must say I love the picture of the presents around the Christmas tree. It has a warm, cozy feeling to it. I don't think Steve and I have ever had all of our presents wrapped like this before Christmas. If we have then it has been a long time. We usually are wrapping as we go, kind of a thing. :)

Ashes enjoyed the wrapping as much as we did. She cracked us up because she was right in the middle of us all night. Steve would have to call her over to him when I was trying to unroll some paper and I'd have to do the same. Sometimes she didn't care and plopped down on the whole present. I love my kitty and love how she wanted to be near the fun.

Yesterday was a cleaning day. It took us all day long to work on this house. So much had gotten disorganized from Christmas presents from school and the busyness of school/life that I had to work on finding places for the "stuff" before I could actually clean. The kids were great and worked hard on cleaning the office, den and their rooms. It felt SO GOOD to have my house more in order. I truly wish it would stay that way!!!!!!

I want to say "HELLO" to Mary-Claudia... a friend of mine. She wrote in her Christmas card that she reads my blog every day. I am so glad she still knows the crazy happenings of our life. I MISS YOU and hope to hear from you soon!!

Last night we got together with some friends at church and went out to eat Mexican for our "Feliz Navidad Fiesta"... we had a great time together. After they left I got in my pajamas and passed out on the couch by the fire. Boy, there is just NOTHING like that. I truly hate to get off of the couch when I go to sleep like that. That is some good sleeping.

Today we are going to Steve's Mom's for Christmas with her and Steve's brother and sister's families. It is cloudy and cold so it should feel Christmasy. I hate it when it is hot at Christmas. I know it will be a good time!

I included a few more ornament pictures. I realized today that I still had lots to show and I don't have a lot of time left to show them. That is quite unfortunate that this month has already gone by so quickly. We have had our tree up now for a month and it doesn't seem like it. I'm not ready to think about taking it down...

Enjoy the moments God has given you this Christmas season. May you share them with family and friends and make wonderful and cherished memories!

1 comment:

Sal Cartusciello said...

"Hot", like being able to spend Christmas at the beach?

Glad you got everything done, and it sounds like you have some very nice days ahead of you.