Tuesday, March 07, 2006

a vapor

Here is a picture of hinbit...and I was trying to make it pretty. :) I thought this turned out kind of neat. I must say that I love hinbit and the purple look it gives yards this time of year. I realize it is a WEED, but I still can see beauty in that, too!!! :)

I am reminded daily, it seems, how fragile life is and that it truly is a vapor. Seeing today that Christopher Reeve's wife died of lung cancer just continued to put it in front of me. I sometimes feel that all we hear is bad news. That can get depressing. I have been surrounded by it with things at school and situations in my classroom and it can really get to you after a while. That is where I know I must put my faith in God and not begin to "think" all of the time. Faith is the action of believing God even when we can't see the forest for the trees. He is continually teaching me that. I have had to cling to that in the past year and He hasn't stopped teaching that to me. I am also learning life is just too short to not enjoy it.

A cute funny: Tonight Mikayla and Wesley were talking about the weather and Wesley asked why the weatherman didn't like us because he didn't send us snow. We explained that it was God Who made that decision and it just wasn't His will for us to have any this year. Well, we then began talking about how God was in control of everything and how He made the world from nothing by just speaking. Mikayla said "Yeah...God is a Holy....BOSS!" I must say that Steve and I got a large chuckle out of that. She said it with no disrespect....it was truly from a child's point of view. I felt that needed to be recorded. :)

Today was a much less stressful day than yesterday and I was so thankful. I was actually able to get some things done that I needed.

I fell asleep last night on the couch in front of the fire. I have to enjoy these moments because I know they will not be here for much longer. It is supposed to be in the 80's here by this weekend. Steve has one going tonight for me. I just want to crash by the fire again tonight. :)

Try to look at a weed today in a new way. ha! Truly...try to find a weed in your yard and find something pretty about it. You're going to be seeing a few of them on my blog in the near future!!! Find pretty in something not so pretty.

No comments: