Saturday, March 25, 2006

Interesting Weather Day!

Well, you name it weather-wise and we had it today!! It was cold pretty much all day. We had a little rain/drizzle early on. Steve and I went to the Flea Market and got a few things before heading back home to clean and work on the yard. Well, while Steve was out putting pinestraw in the flower beds it began to rain/sleet/snow!!!! You can't see it well in the photo because it is so small, but, yes, that is snow on his hood!! It was wild! Right after I took it there was only rain and then it was like the faucet was turned off and nothing was falling. The sun came out and it began to be sunny again! Steve said the only thing we were missing was thunder and lightning! All day long we had little rain showers here and there. Later on this afternoon we heard thunder...which meant there had to be lightning somewhere.... Soon we had more rain. Daddy called me and said he was seeing more snow mixed with the rain but I only saw the rain where we were. A little later on Steve was coming home from an errand and called me to go look at the rainbow in the sky. I didn't see one at first because the sun hadn't peeked out enough, but I slowly watched one pop up in the sky so I went and grabbed my camera. It was neat to see and another reminder of God's promises to us. They are new every morning...Great is His Faithfulness!! What a wild day!! We got tickled over the changes we saw today. It will be another interesting story to tell my students on Monday!

I cleaned and got some scrapbooking done today. I am getting caught up on Mikayla's school book now...I really think I can get everything caught up before their birthday party. Thankfully I had Spring Break the week before their party so that is why I feel I can be caught up. :)

I am now off to read and relax in front of the fire. Again...I am cherishing these moments in front of the fire because they'll be leaving soon for a while. It truly is nothing like the crackling of wood in a fire. Thank you, Lord, for the warmth it brings.

No comments: