Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring????

Well, here are some spring flowers for the first day of Spring!! Last Monday it was in the 80's....on this lovely first day of spring we are in the 40's with rain (thank the good Lord for it!) and I even saw some sleet!!! Now, ain't that somethin'???? I have been praying for rain and I am thankful the Lord is sending some today and tomorrow. I just pray that it is a good rain. We really need some!!

I went back to my doc today to find out if my little "acid reflux" problem has increased...and, yep, it had. I have to increase my meds and he said sometimes this kind of thing takes time to heal. He said the way to help it is to cut back on foods that aggravate it....CHOCOLATE IS ONE OF THOSE FOODS!!! May I just say I wanted to cry right there??? ;) You KNOW how much I love chocolate.....I actually can tell when I have eaten some so I guess that means I need to lay off of it for a bit. Boy, that is going to be hard... He also said that decreasing stress in your life can help. Well, that AIN'T gonna happen right now so I might as well work on the chocolate mode. hee hee That really does stink, though. Hopefully, I will get this under control in the next little bit and see a difference. It is going to take WILL power, though!!!!

The kids had their cap and gown pictures today. I only saw them from the back because I had so much going on with my own classroom. It brought tears to my eyes, though. I had to step back from that a moment, though, because we'll be doing it again next year. There is no need in getting all blubbery/emotional now.

They got their report cards today. Overall, they are doing fine. They both have their areas which need work but we will continue to take each day as it comes. I continue to know we have made the best choice for them for next year. In my opinion (and MY opinion only) they are typical five year olds of days gone by....but not of today's world. Of course, I also realize that our curriculum is a year advanced. If they had been in public school I don't believe there would have been any problems. They will only get better from it, so I am not worried.

Well, I have had a Monday that was busy, busy so I am going to go take an early shower and get ready for a "relaxing" evening...maybe. :) Steve will have a fire going tonight so I know I'll pass out early on the couch. :) The kids are watching a movie....a treat they don't normally get to do during the week....because they didn't have homework tonight. Their pictures took up so much time there wasn't time for it all. It is nice for them to have a break, too.

Off to chill....a little. Continue to enjoy the signs of spring!

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hey girl~ love those photos. So beautiful! :)

I wanted to tell you...on the acid reflux. I have it and have to take Pepcid every night, the extra-strength just once a day. Yes, chocolate does aggravate it but I find that if I eat chocolate EARLY in the day it doesn't. The later I eat it, the worse the reflux is later. So just eat it BEFORE dinner time, LOL. :) My reflux is because of my asthma. Actually they sort of bounce off of each other and aggravate one another. Weird, I know. So I have to control both of them with meds.

Hugs,
Jen