Sunday, March 12, 2006

the picking of dandelions

Yesterday and Friday Wesley and Mikayla picked dandelions in Mom and Dad's yard and counted them. It was so sweet and Mom seemed to enjoy watching them. As you know, I love dandelions even though they are wretched weeds that grow a root that extends to China. I just love the yellow "button" flower and then the free flying seeds. (Which, in turn, produce more of the wretched root extending weed...hee hee) Anyway, I took these last week, I believe and thought they'd be fitting for today.

Since today was Sunday we were at church and then to Mom and Dad's for lunch. We had a great time there. I went out and took some more pictures of flowers/weeds and had a blast. My brother and Mom chuckled when they saw how far I would go to capture a flower up close. I have learned that far away just doesn't do the same! ha! I like to get up close and personal with my objects. :)

The kids didn't want to leave Mom and Dad's when we left so we let them stay up there for a while longer. They get to stay with Mom again tomorrow as I have a workday and they have a day off of school. :) Mikayla was quite excited about that when I put her to bed this evening.

Speaking of going to bed, Wesley was so sweet when he prayed with Steve tonight. He had already said his prayers with me, but he wanted to do them again with Steve. Steve said he thanked God for around 30 things God had made in His Creation and ended with the stars. Steve said that was something to hear.... So many times those are the things we take for granted and it takes a little person to show us the value of the ordinary in our lives. :)

Well, off to read or something before turning in for another crazy week around this house. :) Have a super day everyone!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I agree with everything you said about the dandelions, especially those long roots! My girls LOVE to blow the "wish" flowers and I must admit, so do I. Even though more weeds are spreading with each scattering of wishes. Amy