Saturday, March 11, 2006

sweet memories to be made

"Barn" picture for the day...the old oak in the barnyard. This oak has stood the test of time and a few lightning strikes!!! I love this oak and will be so sad if something ever happens to it. It is not the most beautiful oak because it has been struck by lightning so many times that parts of it are dead, but it still lives. :)

Wesley and Mikayla spent the night with Mom and Dad last night. Mom had picked Mikayla up from school early yesterday because I had to take Wesley back to the doctor for a follow up from last weekend. (Wesley was NOT happy he wasn't able to leave that early, but he had to move past that...) They wanted to spend the night so Mom quickly agreed. Steve and I just went out to eat and stopped by Wolf Camera and got some pictures developed. We came home and watched a movie, but I fell asleep during the middle of it. Thankfully I had already seen it! ha! It didn't take me long to go to dreamland last night!!

Today Steve went golfing and I cleaned the house. Mind you...it is not a perfect clean, but at least parts are cleaned that haven't been in a week or so. Mikayla and Wesley stayed at Mom's till late afternoon and we picked them up on the way back from some on call stuff Steve had to do. They rode in the back of the truck on the way back to the house (we went across the pasture) and loved it. Here are their pictures of them doing that. I remember doing that so well. It brought back sweet memories.


Here are some flowers Mikayla and Wesley picked for me today at my aunt's house. They went with Mom there and had a blast playing outside with her dog and picking these flowers. Some of the stems on them are a bit short so I don't know how long they will live, but I thought they were so sweet. Apparently, mom and my aunt kept telling them how they needed to pick them (from the bottom of the stem) but they didn't quite grasp that part. ha!! I try to capture these with pictures because there is no way to keep these forever!

This afternoon I went with Steve on one of his work calls to one of the parks. I was able to take some pictures of some flowers that are blooming right now. I had so much fun. Steve was so sweet to drive me around inside the park to find some that were decent for pictures. I so love doing that.... I am thankful he understands and supports my love for that. :)

I got my other pair of Birkenstocks yesterday. I wore my new sandals around the house today to get used to them and break them in for my feet. I surely do love those things!!!! I tried on a pair of my sandals from last year and realized quickly how wonderful my Birks are!!! ha! I almost bought a pair of orange ones today....I figured a bit of punch in my wardrobe would be fun. I am always so practical in the way I dress and one of my friends has gotten on me about that. :) I have tried in recent years to come out of my shell and be a little more "with it" but some things are hard to break. ha! Of course...I have actually broken a lot of old clothing habits! ha! I don't ever want to be faddish with my clothing, but up to date and stylish is more like it. :)

The kids had to do their weekly cleaning again today when we got home. There were some poochy lips from one young man but he learned quickly that would get him nowhere. He still had to do his chores. :) They really do a good job and I want them to continue in that direction.

Well, the kids are watching an old Curious George movie and Steve is coming back home from a call so I guess I better get off of here. Here is to a great night everyone!

No comments: