Friday, March 24, 2006

Mowers, Cats and Spills

Glad the week is over! Now it is time to have a nice weekend. Hopefully I'll get a lot of stuff accomplished...but we'll see. I really never know anymore! ha!

Today Steve's new mower arrived. As you can see it is a John Deere....OF COURSE!! :) Our "old" John Deere has just become too small for all of our almost 3 acres and the other one we had was worn out. (We had bought the other one used...greatly used....and it had just had enough.) Steve did some research and decided on this John Deere. It has a 60 inch deck and 25 horsepower. Now, for me...that doesn't mean as much as it does to Steve. ha! All I know is that it won't take him forever and a day to mow the yard now. I am happy for him...I know this is something we have been needing with so much yard.

Today Wesley and Mikayla spent the day with one of our friends since they didn't have to go to school. They had a BLAST but were exhausted when they got home. The first thing Mikayla did was find Ashes and give her a huge hug. Now, while Mikayla was enjoying the hug, I don't believe Ashes was enjoying it as much. Ashes tolerates it SO well now, but she still looks at me sometimes like "Mom...WHY are you letting her do this???" I just had to take a picture of her with Ashes today, though. Ashes is such a sweet kitty....I am so thankful she is patient with the kids. Mikayla talks to her all of the time and has to tell her bye in the mornings and hello when we come home in the afternoon.

This evening we went out to eat with Mom, Daddy and my brother. When the guy brought me my basket of food I let it go too low, it pulled against the straw in my drink and pulled the entire drink over into my lap!!! All I could do is just sit there with my mouth gaping wide open. ha!!! It got ALL OVER my lap....and the floor...and my shoes....and my coat. I was so embarrassed but figured I gave that boy a funny story to tell his parents tonight when he got home!!! What a dork I am sometimes. ha! At least I'll have yet another funny story to tell my students on Monday! OH...and when we were leaving I was throwing away my tea and it didn't hit the trashcan fully, spilled and went on the floor by the trash area. Great. I was ready to get out of that place.... I was quite wet all of the way home and was very happy to get out of the wet clothes.

Wesley and Mikayla are spending the night with Mom and Daddy tonight. They are so cute when they ask to do that. I must say that I miss them, though. This afternoon Mikayla climbed up on the couch with me when I was "snoozing" and fell asleep herself. That was a precious moment for me and I didn't want it to end. Again...those times with them seem to be few and far between in our busy days.

I am continuing to enjoy the colors of spring. I keep looking around each day to see what new color has popped from the trees. It is amazing to see what changes overnight!! Here are some blossoms on our flowering cherry tree. I just loved these.... these are some that seemed to "pop" overnight, too. I took these last Saturday when the day was so crisp and blue. I also saw some new leaves pop up on the maple trees by our church. It seems like yesterday that I was there taking the fall pictures of those leaves!! Now, those leaves are gone and new ones are coming. Time flies so fast.

Now I am off to relax a bit. I am sure Steve is watching the Golf Channel...that is his favorite channel. I am so excited to watch it with him...yeah, right. :) I'll just read my book or something. :) Continue to look around at the colors you see in God's wonderful Creation. Enjoy the beauty of the day. :)

No comments: