Sunday, March 05, 2006

Interesting day

Here are the pictures of the daffodils I took yesterday. I thought they turned out kind of nice. They are a bright spot in a day. :)

Let's just say this has been an interesting Sunday! As I said in my post last night, Wesley wasn't feeling well. He slept really great last night but woke up with his throat sore and he was crying. I knew I had to get him in to see somebody today. We went to CVS to their "MinuteClinic" this morning. We were told they opened at 8:30 so I got him up there right after that...only to find that they didn't open till 10:00! He was acting OK....that was what was different about this go 'round...he didn't act so sick during the day, just complained about pains in his neck and such. Well, since we had some time to kill he and I went to Walmart and got a few things for Mikayla for her birthday. I'll have to do the same thing with Mikayla for him when I get the chance. We enjoyed that time together. We got back to CVS and were the first ones there. The Physicians Assistant who saw us checked him out and then felt his lymph node on the right side and was amazed at how big it was. She said she didn't have what we needed to treat him and suggested I go to an Urgent Care. (I must admit, she kind of scared me so I drove quickly....) We got to the Urgent Care and the wait was around 2 hours!!!! I knew he had to be seen today so it didn't matter. The time actually passed quicker than I thought. Wesley was so good through all of this. I know it was tiring to wait all the time we had so he was awesome. When the doctor saw him he did a strep test on him. It came back negative, but he said there was definitely something going on in his lymph nodes. He said his upper respiratory infection probably got the best of his lymph nodes and they created an infection inside while trying to fight off the upper respiratory infection. I have to give him his antibiotic 3 times a day for 7 days. He is on a pretty tough one, too. I am thankful I went ahead and took him in.

We got back to Mom's 4 hours later. We didn't get to go to church, of course, so we went straight to Mom's to wait for Steve and Mikayla to get there because we were all going to the airport to pick up my brother. Once Daddy got home we all piled in the van and headed for the airport. My brother got there on time, but his luggage didn't make the plane!!! This was not the first time this has happened to him so he was not a happy camper. ha! They are going to have to deliver it to his house when it came on the next flight. We left there and finally had lunch after 3:00....we were all quite hungry at this point.

We finally got home after 4:00 and I began working on the things I usually have all day to take care of. We did the short version of a few of those things. Once I helped the kids with their Kindermusik I decided to go outside before it got dark and take some pictures. I must say that taking pictures of God's creation surely does relax me. I took pictures of lots of weeds...but I tried to make them interesting and pretty. That was my goal today...take something we think of as yucky and turn it into something kind of pretty. I'll share those in the next few days as well. It was so nice to listen to the birds and look closely for things I may miss in the busyness of our days. I wish I could do that more often. Thank goodness for my digital camera, too. I am learning so much from using it. It is nice to be able to see whether or not I had enough light with a picture or whether what I pictured in my head actually came true. :)

I am off to help get these silly kids in bed. Here is to hoping we all get a great nights rest tonight. This is supposed to be another on-the-go week....you KNOW I just love that. not really.....

Enjoy the small things in life right now. Look for small signs of spring. :)

No comments: