Thursday, March 23, 2006

remembering

Here are pictures again from my uncle's farm. I don't know if these have already been shown or not. The first one is of the fence post as you came up my aunt's driveway near the farm area. The second one is just of the farm itself. I talked with my cousin tonight and found out when this will be taken down. I at least have a few more months to see those silos standing tall but I know things will be changing all around them. Change is so hard...especially for someone like me who hangs on to the things I know so tightly. I have faced all kinds of changes in the past year, and the Lord has been with me every step of the way. I am so thankful for that... I don't know how I would have ever gotten through it if it weren't for Him. There will be townhomes and such that will take over this land. The people will come and go and not have any idea of what this land used to be and what it means to those that love it. That is what we have faced with our land around us. It has been 20 years this year that the land went from ours to others, but it still, in my heart, belongs to us. I have come to accept it, but it doesn't mean I LIKE it.

Life continues to be crazy and we continue to make do and get going. I have a weird day at school tomorrow and the kids don't have to go because of a broken pipe getting fixed so they will get to spend the day at a friends house and they are excited. I will just be glad when the day is over because this week has about knocked me off my feet. :)

You know, I continue to love the sweet moments I have with my children. In the busyness of our days many times those sweet moments are few and far between... Tonight I had to go up to Moms to get some stuff she had made and I let Mikayla sit on my lap and "drive" the van through the pasture. She thought she was something else. :) I loved that she could have that excitement and that memory.

I got my eyes checked today. Thankfully, I am not any more "blind" as I have been already!! I did get to get a new pair of glasses. The lady who helped me told me they have a bit of "sassiness" to them. Well, I am learning I need a bit of that in my life, you know. hee hee... They are pretty neat. Maybe I'll be brave and take a picture of me in them when I get them!! :)

I guess it is time to get ready for another day. Take time to remember something special in your life today. For the most part, even though things go away our memories stay in our hearts. That is a comfort to me.

No comments: