Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nice Weekend

Here is a bloom off of our Hawaiian bush in the backyard. I took this a couple of weeks ago. It is really blooming now. Yesterday I went around taking more pictures of things blooming and I'll be sharing those soon, too. I knew that it was turning colder today and tomorrow and was afraid some of the blooms would get hurt. It was a BEAUTIFUL day with such pretty blue skies. I also found out a way to work with my polarizer on my camera that I haven't figured out before. lol I was able to do some experimenting and it was so neat!!!

OK...I have a confession to make. In my last post I said that I was not going to really clean this weekend because it was just not high on my priority list. Well, I lied. When I got up yesterday morning I realized that my house was very much on my nerves and needed a clean! :) Plus, I knew the kids had to clean their rooms and vacuum as well as clean their bathroom so we went forward with it. The day actually went well and it felt good to get that behind us.

I got to scrapbook again yesterday. My brother came down and he has now finished the trip he has worked on forever and is on to the next trip. :) I finally finished Wesley and Mikayla's summer pictures from last year and am now ready to start on their school books. I still have a lot to do, but at least I have a little more time before their birthday party!!!

Last evening, my brother had signed us up for another outdoor adventure..this time with frogs! Wesley and Mikayla were excited to learn more about God's Creation. When we got there it was still light but by the time we ended our "hunt" it was dark. I took some pictures but haven't had a chance to upload them to here. Unfortunately, it has been so dry around here that we weren't able to hear any or see any that were full grown. We did, however, get to see tadpoles that were about 5 days old!!! We learned a lot...including myself....and had a great time. We also got to see the eggs of salamander and we also got to see a baby salamander!!! I touched the eggs of the salamanders and shocked my brother. I didn't even hesitate! ha!!! I really am trying to get better about stuff like that because I want the kids to enjoy learning about the Creation God made us. OH...while we were walking to our first spot Wesley was holding my hand and he said "God made ALL of this, Mommy...." and then he talked about how much he loved it. It made me have tears in my eyes. So little yet so "wise".... It really was a fun evening. I asked my brother today when we are doing one again! ha!! I appreciate how he wants to teach Wesley and Mikayla these important things. I want them to be well-rounded. We left the park where we did our frog adventure and met Steve, Mom and Daddy for supper. It was nice to meet up with them, too.

Well, here are the couple of pictures I took of Wesley and Mikayla's "sleepover" Friday night. Let's just say it didn't last too long. Mikayla came in our room around 11:00, Steve said, and got pillows and slept on our floor. Then Wesley came in later and said he kept hearing noises, etc. I did get a chuckle, though, when they went to bed. They said that it was like they were a Mommy and a Daddy!! I am sure they had a few good moments of being silly before the "snoring" began! HA!!

Steve has a fire going tonight. :) I am cherishing these because I KNOW they are coming to an end soon until later this year. I am thankful for the warmth. God has blessed me in so many ways. I just thank Him for His goodness. I am reminded daily of what He does for me.

Well, off to work on some stuff for the kids birthday party and for school. Enjoy your evening everyone! Continue to look for the beauty in the Creation God has CREATED for us....

No comments: