Wednesday, June 29, 2011

06/29/11


"Have a blessed day!"

Did you know these words were offensive to someone at Steve's work?

An email was sent out work-wide to not put those words when you close an email any longer as "it offended" someone.

It amazes me how something so simple such as that can be offensive when I see things in the news this past week that offend me greatly. I would be considered narrow-minded and legalistic for thinking such thoughts!

I read an article last week that stated a country singer was "gay and Christian." Those two words do not go together at all.

It was in the news last week of New York passing the gay marriage legalization. These two things offend me, however, if I think that I am being a "hater."

I don't hate the person... I hate the choice of sin -- just as God does.

How do I know that I am right and these people are in the wrong?

It is because of God's Word.

My pastor this past week spoke on how we can know the truth in situations such as this. We must be in God's Word and search the Scriptures.

We are to put what is said up against the perfect Word of the Lord. God's Word is true.

All of these events show more and more how we are living in the last days. What once was right is now wrong; what once was wrong is now made to be "right." God's Word shows this is to come:

II Timothy 3:1-5
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
holding to a form of godliness (religion) , although they have denied its power.


As I was walking the other morning, this song came on my MP3 player and it put all of the things we are seeing in this world into perspective. Enjoy the song....

OH.. and have a BLESSED day.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love that verse from II Timothy.

I am working on being bolder for the Lord every day!