Friday, June 30, 2006

New Experience

Today's picture is from the Hershey Gardens. They were on a trellis and it was very pretty. :)

Today was busy at school. A friend and I worked on our school textbooks. We had to get them organized by grade and counted to make sure all had arrived. It is a necessary thing but not something I look forward to doing. lol At least I can always be nosey to see how the books come in and all. I carried around enough boxes today to last me for a while. :)

Tonight we had a new experience!! My brother and our family went to a Brazilian steakhouse. It was QUITE the experience. :)
You are able to eat food from an "all you can eat" style buffet but then they bring around different kinds of meat that you can add to your plate!! They give you a card and when you are ready for more meat you turn the card over. We had filet mignon and other types of steak as well as chicken wrapped in bacon. Wesley and Mikayla really seemed to enjoy it! Steve and my brother also tried CHICKEN HEARTS... yes, you read correctly. YUCK. lol Steve was not very fond of them... said they were quite chewy. ha! I didn't try them... I didn't think I would keep the other parts of my meal down if I ate one. (Wesley actually tried the chicken hearts that Steve had put on his plate... but he didn't realize what he was eating! It was funny to watch him because he kept chewing and chewing and finally spit them out having this funny look on his face. He never knew what he had chewed and it was a good thing.) Mikayla was funny... right after we got there she was asking about the restaurant. I was trying to explain to her about South America and Brazil and where they were located in relation to us. Mikayla looked at me and said "But we don't live in South Camerica!" She was very intrigued by the live band they had. It was just a great experience. I am stuffed beyond measure... ate more than I should have. We also got dessert and a cappucino that was NOT de-caf. I am feeling the jittery effects of it right now. NOT good because I have to get to sleep sometime tonight. ha!!

Well, I need to go try and calm my jitters down. Maybe I'll read for a while.... I should be able to finish the rest of the book I am on the way I am feeling right now! ha!! Have a good one everyone!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What book were you reading? I'm in the middle of "A Stitch in Time" by Allison Bottke. It's an easy, funny summer read.