Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Happy Little Girl

Today I worked in Mikayla's room. My day didn't turn out quite like I had thought, but it was quite productive anyway. We had to run a few errands this morning so I got started on her closet a bit late. I went through her clothes and got out those she can't wear anymore. I also switched out her bookcase we had put in her closet as storage with the one in Wesley's room. Her dresses are getting longer now and she needed a lower one. The bookcase from Mikayla's closet actually looks better in Wesley's room.

Mikayla had called Mom to come down and see the office because it was so clean. (lol) She came down to see it and loved it. I began talking with her about different parts of Mikayla's room and it dawned on me that while I was doing the heavy cleaning in Mikayla's room I needed to go ahead and get her new bed. We have been thinking on this for over a month now but I don't like to do anything with money in a rush!! Well, today I called the place, had them hold the bed and mattresses and then Mom and I went to find her new bedding. She had a queen sized bed before from when Steve's Dad had given us furniture. It has really been too large for her but we made do with what we had. :) We got her a full size bed this time. We put it up tonight and I can't get over how CUTE it looks and how much more room she has!!! I didn't realize just how much that queen sized bed took up. She is SO tickled with it and I am thrilled, too. This will enable her room to look more perky and show off some life in there. Her other quilt had been in there since she moved to that room when she was two, so it has been a good one.

I still have so much to do to this house. I am seeing so much progress, though, and it thrills me beyond words. It feels SO good to get things cleaned out like they should be. I am taking it one day at a time, though....

Tomorrow we are going to go see the Carolina Hurricanes practice. Tomorrow night they could win the Stanley Cup!!! That would be so awesome. I am taking the kids and am hoping they will enjoy watching the practice. After we do that one of my dear friends is coming over and helping me clean out MY closet. We are going to have a lot of laughs with some of the clothes I have hung on to after all of these years. hee hee

Well, off to bed before another day is upon us. I need to get up early so I can get everything accomplished that I need to tomorrow. lol

1 comment:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Hi, Kellie! :) The bed looks WONDERFUL!! I bet she just loves it. :) So girly!

Go read my blog. Some joyous news on there about Noah :) :)

Jen